A Christmas Update

Updates and announcements.
Peter
Site Admin

A Christmas Update

Post by Peter »

Greetings,

after the flurry of successive releases towards the end of the year as JoinFS took to the air and got itself trimmed for steady flight, you may be wondering about the relative dearth of new versions recently. Apart from a short break from coding to make sure the cross-community Lapland extravaganza (thanks, ATC Roo!) went smoothly, I'm currently working on version 1.1. This will include some bug fixes (recordings, standby frequencies, airports not showing), plus an object list for sharing boats and ground vehicles over the network, and the new hub node feature, that will show a detailed list of public servers running JoinFS, showing number of pilots, aircraft, VoIP details etc. Anyone can set up a hub node simply using the JoinFS client. It's very lightweight and you could even run it on a laptop, no fancy hardware required.

A test version of 1.1 should be available in the first week of January.

Thanks again for all the support and enthusiasm for this little piece of software. I had no idea I'd be doing this just four months ago, but I'm looking forward to 2017.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all,
Peter