Does custom animation works on JoinFS?

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Tisor

Does custom animation works on JoinFS?

Post by Tisor »

Not been able to test it yet, but before installing the C130 and so on...

I'm thinking on the hoses from the Hercules C130 from Captain Sim for example. In standard FSX multiplayer they not broadcast. Do they work on JoinFS or is it planned maybe?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Does custom animation works on JoinFS?

Post by Peter »

That's a tricky one. At the moment I do everything via SimConnect, so if SimConnect supports that particular animation or if the add-on is using a particular FSX feature to do the action then yes, I should be able to support it. Otherwise, it's a case of whether I can source the events from the add-on directly. Something that I'll have to look at on an individual basis.

Regards,
Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

So we tested the aircraft, and no, is not working. So bad because the C130 is the only one used by the Spanish Airforce actually for this.

If you can achieve the custom animations, that would be the biggest step ever on this matter.

The name for the C130 animations are as follows, as shown in ModelConverterX animation tweaker, if you wanna do some tests:

custom_anim_LeftRefuelTrail_05
custom_anim_RightRefuelTrail_30

There is some info here about controlling custom animations with Simconnect:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread ... ect.10646/

I read something about EventIDs but will be hard to find a GUID or something like that for this animations.
More info on the C++ Gauges SDK:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526958.aspx

Let see if together we can find a workaround for this, would make a lot of people happy for sure :))

Regards!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I'll certainly take a look at this when I can. Might be while though. I'm getting a bit of a backlog of stuff, but we'll get there.

Peter