0.11 EdAv test

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
marte21

0.11 EdAv test

Post by marte21 »

We tested it yesterday, 5 pilots, P3D V3.2, dual connection with Vatsim vPilot, CCP, vACMI and FSX@war

Smooth as silk, stable, it reminded me the good old Ibnet

Unfortunatly CCP/FSX@war and vACMI were unable to inject weapons/objects. Maybe in the future?

Anyway, thank you very much, it is an impressive software

Some shots from yesterday night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVFm5GQwO0Y

Diego
http://www.edavirtual.org
https://www.facebook.com/edavirtual.org
Peter
Site Admin

Re: 0.11 EdAv test

Post by Peter »

Hi Diego,

Thanks for posting your findings. I'm very interested in getting FSX@War and VRS TP working. There is an option in JoinFS at the moment to auto-broadcast objects in your simulator. I believe this has limited success. Weapons are broadcast over the network, but the damage doesn't get transmitted. It may be worth contacting the FSX@War guys and asking them about compatibility.

And I like the guitar audio track on your video.

Best regards,
Peter
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Diego:

I use VATSIM Vpilot as well, to fly online with BVA. I am curious why and how you used JoinFS and Vpilot together. What does using them together do?

Regards,

Danny
marte21

Post by marte21 »

I am using vPilot + JoinFS in order to fly in close formation and be able to have ATC simultaneously. It is really easy to use. In the past we stablished direct MP between us and then vPilot using invisible or ghost MTL for the planes that we were flying. So that way we were able to fly smooth with our partners and able to see other VATSIM planes

With JoinFS we don't need to have the same simulator. We can use different versions and fly smooth and close. And we don't need to use invisible MDLs. We just select what AI planes broadcast from JoinFS. It is simple and safe.
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Marte:

Ok. How do you actually use both? Do you establish a connection using and IP address via JoinFS and then another one using Vpilot? If so, how do establish the connection using Vpilot (IP, server name?)? When I use Vpilot to connect to VATSIM/BVA I use the USA West Server selection. If you use two connections, don't you get two sets of multiplayer aircraft location data?

Thanks

Danny
marte21

Post by marte21 »

Quite simple. Just connect to JoinFS using the IP of your server/friend ( or just create your own and act as server yourself, with your mates connecting to your IP)

Then connect to vPilot in an standard way ( we use France server for instance, we live in Spain, and it is the closest server). If your buddies are also connected to VATSIM, you will need to go to JoinFS, select view/aircraft and unselect broadcast in the planes generated by VATSIM of your friends to avoid duplication ( and lagged airplanes specially with vPilot).

Same for the weather. If you are hosting a weather program ( Active Sky, Opus, etc) your mates don't need to have it running. Just tell them to go to JoinFS, view, aircraft, and check YOUR weather tag.

JoinFS is an excellent program, you will enjoy it

Diego
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Interesting. So, if some of the flyers are connected to JoinFS only, some are connected to Vatsim only, and, some are connected to both, this method will combine the planes from both server connections for a composite multiplayer display? If so, that is cool.

Danny
marte21

Post by marte21 »

You are right

Diego
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Good idea about unticking the broadcast box to avoid duplication. However, for formation flying the vPilot aircraft updates will be much less accurate than JoinFS. At some point, soon I hope, I'll look into hiding the vPilot aircraft instead so that you get to fly on VATSIM and have the smooth low latency updates.

Peter
marte21

Post by marte21 »

Yes Peter, we untick the broadcast for the vPilot duplicated. Delay in vPilot planes is horrible. So we fly in close using JoinFs but we mantain airliners from VATSIM ( and usually unrelated to our military missions)

Great job!!!!
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Peter:

When you say "hide the Vpilot aircraft" are you meaning the multiplayer aircraft being broadcast by being connected to Vatsim? Wouldn't that prohibit us from seeing participants who are flying with us, but, using Vatsim as their server?

By the way, I forgot to let you know that during our flight last night the process to display the "Nickname" didn't work during our P3D flight.

Danny
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Danny,

The way I envisage it working is that I would only hide VATSIM aircraft if they match the JoinFS aircraft by callsign and model. So basically it will only hide the duplicates. Any other aircraft flying with you solely on VATSIM will not be affected.

Re: Nickname. That's a shame, it works on FSX. Did you definitely tick the 'Show Nicknames instead of callsign' option in Settings? I know others have missed this option.

Peter
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I did indeed ensure the "show nickname instead of callsigns" selection was checked. I even left the sim, came back in, and, it still didn't work.

Small thing overall. All three of us were flying P3D and it didn't display for any of us. The display showed the callsign assigned to the aircraft.

Danny
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

And maybe Peter, can we find a workaround on deleting the active MTL (model aircraft) for the pilots flying in the server?

Let me elaborate that:

On IVAO, every aircraft get in the registration field (if i'm not wrong) the callsign they are using to connect. For example, in my case, ALD1222.

If I set this also as my username in JoinFS, would you be able to replace the MTL model with an invisible one or maybe just remove it so we don't see duplicated aircrafts? (The one seen on JoinFS and the one in IVAO, which will be like 0.2nm behind due to lags)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Do you mean that in IVAO the callsign of the aircraft is not necessarily the callsign of the model aircraft? In that case, I see, as you suggest I could also check the nickname for a match as well. Good idea.

Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:Do you mean that in IVAO the callsign of the aircraft is not necessarily the callsign of the model aircraft? In that case, I see, as you suggest I could also check the nickname for a match as well. Good idea.

Peter
Not talking about the aircraft model, but on the callsign. I can be flying a formation with an F18 from my team but behind we have another F18 team, which are not connected to JoinFS.

Then, I need to remove my team aircrafts, not all the F18s in the session. That's has to be made using the callsign of the aircraft.

On IVAO, our F18 title line is something like F18 AME. The line for our superbug is different, so this cannot work.

IVAO inject the AI Traffic (as you do) setting the registration as the callsign you have connected with to the network. If you can make that matching the callsign on JoinFS to the AI Traffic registration removes that plane, then that would work perfectly.

Hope you get it now. If not I'll try to elaborate a little more.