0.11 Test Version - First Multiplayer Flight for me

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
RCFlyer

0.11 Test Version - First Multiplayer Flight for me

Post by RCFlyer »

Peter: Couple of my sim buddies and I did a short flight tonight with helos. We are helo simmers more the most part. Anyway, flight went really pretty well. Very low latency across the three sims. We did have a model matching issue with a couple helo models where the rotors weren't presented as turning. I had to change to a different model helo and it worked fine. I don't think it was as much an issue with JoinFS as with the particular model.

One item that I did run into was the fact that with P3D one can have more than one SimObjects directory, and, I do have two. What I have done is to run the model search once, save the file separate from the normal directory, run the model search again, then cut and paste the two model search files together. Haven't tested the result yet, but, will tomorrow and will let you know how it works.

So far, I really like the software. Much simpler and smoother than DafWings and FSINN.

Regards,

Danny
Peter
Site Admin

Re: 0.11 Test Version - First Multiplayer Flight for me

Post by Peter »

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. I know about the P3D folder issue, I'll be fixing that soon.

There is still some helicopter information that I have yet to transmit over the network, so perhaps that caused that particular model to have static rotors.

Glad it went well.

Thanks,
Peter