Upcoming Events

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Upcoming Events

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Please feel free to use this post to announce any multiplayer events coming up that are open to everyone and are using JoinFS. Basically, an IP address, date/time and airport code or the locality of the event, VoIP etc.

Peter
ATC Roo

CROSS PLATFORM CROSS COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS FLIGHT 2016

Post by ATC Roo »

I'd like to start this off then.

Saturday the 17th of December at 20:00z
EET Rovaniemi 17th December 2016, 22:00:00
CET Paris, 17th December 2016, 21:00:00
UTC/Zulu London 17th December 2016, 20:00:00
EST New York, 17th December 2016, 15:00:00
CST Mexico City 17th December 2016, 14:00:00
MST Edmonton 17th December 2016, 13:00:00
PST Los Angeles 17th December 2016, 12:00:00
AEST Brisbane 18th December 2016, 06:00:00

JoinFS IP: TBD
Teamspeak 3 IP: TBD
Start airport ICAO: EFRO.

I'm putting together a cross platform cross community flight using JoinFS.

I already have confirmation from other communities that they would like to join in.
Full details can be found here http://roo.servebeer.com/cccgf.html

Let me know if you or your group might be interested and if so, how many you think would likely attend.

ATC ROO
Last edited by ATC Roo on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dan-TXHills

Re: Upcoming Events

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Absolutely - pending any disasters (e.g., airlift Santa from Tahiti to the North Pole, kicking and screaming :shock: )

And who doesn't love ATC ??? :?: :?: Can I get the VOR Rwy 15 approach to EFKU (from the south, so I can fly the HILPT)? :P

There have been a limited number of us doing the testing but by then I expect that we can get a nice batch of folks on. Since there is some time between now and then if you want to arrange a "shakedown" session to be sure everything is in order just let me know.

Dan
Robert

Post by Robert »

It's not an event per se, but trying to build up interest in air racing with JoinFS. There is a group that has been using boxed FSX but is testing JoinFS for air racing which lets FSX:SE and P3D users play too. There is a vertical motion issue in turns with JoinFS but Peter is on it. It still works great though and I was on the course last night with one of the FASA guys with JoinFS. We were setting up for a race when company came over so no actual rave experience yet but I have been building races with JoinFS overdub and it is amazing looking. They were running races nightly so easy to have pick up races and practice.

Here is a post I made on another bbs with the details:

If anyone is interested, there are a group of guys doing air racing and they have a class freeware T-6 with liveries available: http://www.fsxairsports.com/air_racing/classes/t6/

It's not as nice as the A2A T6 but is tweaked to match the racing T6s in performance and have realistic responses to the controls.

They use the Digital Theme Park TeamSpeak server and have a channel on there if anyone wants to meet up and fly races with them.

They also have pylon slalom courses, do short field landing (STOL) competitions, and such. The videos are old but to give a taste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74oye9dvB_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhB2ky5Us8

As an aside, they use boxed FSX but are now using PMEM's JoinFS to allow boxed and SE to fly together.

And another post...

I don't know if one of my scenery packs put course pylons out but there is a Reno mission that hopefully has pylons in the right places. Hadn't looked at the Reno scenery since installing Orbx global and base but I had pylons in I think all the right places. Anyway, here are the official Reno courses:

http://airrace.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... seMap1.jpg

FASA is working on a photoreal scenery pack and has a preliminary version available where the pylons show up well and they also have the guide arrows and such that are painted on the ground to help with lining up. Also a lit pylon for the unlimiteds.

Guys, in VR a race looks extremely cool. I haven't run one yet but have been using JoinFS to record flights and then fly with a pack as I have been practicing so have seen a group of planes bank and pull. It looks amazing! And the fear factor is big with other planes in close and moving around.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

ATC Roo wrote:I'd like to start this off then.

Deleted......

ATC ROO
ARRGGGHHHH!!!! for this particular South Sea Islander... Looks like 0800 Sunday. WHAT ABOUT CHURCH???

Oh well, they have managed without me for many years, another day not there wont hurt either of us!!!

B
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Grumpy wrote:

Deleted......

ATC ROO
ARRGGGHHHH!!!! for this particular South Sea Islander... Looks like 0800 Sunday. WHAT ABOUT CHURCH???
Good to hear Grumpy.

I know it's a strange time in some parts of the world so I picked a zulu Saturday as opposed to a Sunday, so that people in your neck of the woods could still join in and not have to worry about being late for work.

And you can always go to the later service. ;)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Robert,

I have the T6, I'd like to join you for some racing at Reno. Just post a time (I'm on GMT). We could connect through the US Central server if you have that bookmarked?

Peter
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hey Peter, that would be great! Might be able to get Tony from the FlyInside BBS in too, maybe 8055, and more remote would be the other FASA guys though some interest does seem to maybe be building? We'll see.

It's 5:00 PM GMT right now. How about 7:00 PM GMT? What is the US Central sever? Is that JoinFS or TeamSpeak? The FASA guys use Digital Theme Park (ts3.digitalthemepark.com with no password) and have their own rooms. Are you are referring to a JoinFS server. But whatever works is fine by me. Could be just us but that's OK too.

Just let me know and I'll be on a little early trying to stir up some other pilots. We can run some laps to get used to the course if you aren't already and then race! :D
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The US Central TeamSpeak is fsxfuscentral.dynu.com, and the JoinFS server is 70.178.13.66.

Unfortunately I can't make 1900z, but how about 2100z?

Peter
Robert

Post by Robert »

2100Z might be better for getting others on if they can make it. Tony is a great multiplayer pilot and said he was going to be on today. And I'd like to get Alan in there since he is FASA and knows all the courses and much more about racing.

Will get set up on both servers. :D
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

ATC Roo wrote:And you can always go to the later service. ;)

WORK? You wash out your mouth, coming in here swearing like that!!

Ignoring the reference to paganism......

But yes, you may get two of us at that time. Plus a bunch of you foreigners

B
ATC Roo

Re: CROSS PLATFORM CROSS COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS FLIGHT 2016

Post by ATC Roo »

EET Rovaniemi 17th December 2016, 22:00:00
CET Paris, 17th December 2016, 21:00:00
UTC/Zulu London 17th December 2016, 20:00:00
EST New York, 17th December 2016, 15:00:00
CST Mexico City 17th December 2016, 14:00:00
MST Edmonton 17th December 2016, 13:00:00
PST Los Angeles 17th December 2016, 12:00:00
AEST Brisbane 18th December 2016, 06:00:00

JoinFS IP: TBD
Teamspeak 3 IP: TBD
Start airport ICAO: EFRO.

I'm putting together a cross platform cross community flight using JoinFS.

I already have confirmation from other communities that they would like to join in.
Full details can be found here http://roo.servebeer.com/cccgf.html

Let me know if you or your group might be interested and if so, how many you think would likely attend.

ATC ROO

There are now test servers up so you and your group can setup and test before the event in order for things to run smoothly on the day.

If you know that there are people attending to represent your community, you can send me a link to your groups logo (small version please) which I'll add to the events page.

This will be a small advert for your group and let any other groups reading the page know who is definitely attending.

Any questions you have should be answered by reading the info on the events page, however if it's not then please do ask me via email.

By the ammount of email responses I have had so far I can say that this event is happening and will be busy.

It's only a few weeks away now and I'm trying my best to help it run smoothly on the day, so please do test your setup before the event.

I hope everybody can attend as it's a great way to share info between communities and enjoy a large flight with like minded people.
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Roo -

I see that your site still links us to the JoinFS version 1.0.14 (the stable version). Is that the one we should use? Or ...

(and maybe this one is for Peter) - if we have the latest TEST version (1.0.19 as of this post unless Peter has slipped yet another one in on us while I was not looking, prolific coder that he is!) will we be OK with using that or do we have to roll back to the stable v1.0.14?

Dan
Last edited by Dan-TXHills on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

You don't need to roll back to 1.0.14. Both the stable and test versions can co-exist on your PC. There will be two icons on your desktop, the test version will have (TEST) next to it. The current versions are 1.0.14 and 1.0.19 for stable and test, respectively.

If 1.0.19 proves to be ok, then I'd like to use that for the event, in which case I'll synchronize both versions to 1.0.19. But we'll have to see over the next few days.

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

As Peter says..

You can install both at the same time, I do this.

The event will run on the Stable version that is available on the day.
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Thanks. I will test the setup of both together. Will try the v1.0.19 using a v1.0.14 version to create the session.

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

just updated to version 1.0.20. Sorry, but I doubt that you'll be that surprised ;)

It's only a minor update in 20. I found a small problem with the substitution switching between airplanes and helicopters.

By the way, version 14 is incompatible with 20. You won't be able to connect one to the other.

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Peter.

Thanks for the update. And thanks for letting us know that v20 will not connect to v14 - saves us a bit of testing.

Will continue to watch to see if there is a newer stable version.

And, thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

Dan
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

I was able to install and run both v14 and TEST v20 on my Win7 machine. But when I tried to do the same on my Win10 machine (using the same file folder structure to keep the Test and Stable versions separate) I get the message:

then the installer closes.

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

Must be to do with the installer I'm using. I have Windows 10 and both versions installed ok.

Have you tried uninstalling both versions first and then installing them again? That should hopefully fix it.

Peter