Engines cutting out

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
DaveB

Engines cutting out

Post by DaveB »

Online last night with nine others all using version 1.4.9 when one of us shut down their engines (on default Boeing 737 and using FSX Steam Edition) at least three of use lost our engines when they shut down without warning. Some effected were using FSX SE and some using P3Dv4. Is there a simple answer to why this happened ? If a known problem is there a fix?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Engines cutting out

Post by Peter »

This sounds different to the other Engine cut out problem that only affects P3Dv4. Was is a random problem? Did any of the controls change or did then engine simply stop by itself?

Peter
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

It appeared that each of the aircraft that were affected that they stopped by their selfs the first airplane to shut down was using P3Dv4 but I just don't know if it was caused by anyone of us as there were ten of us online all at once. Next time it happens I'll try and note who did what..... last nights engines shutting down episode started off with an aircraft who had landed shut his plane down he uses FSX SE.
DaveB
breenild

Post by breenild »

Hi Peter!

Yesterday on a Groupflight I had the same issue. I was flying the turbo duke and 3 times my engines went off for no reason. I definitely touched nothing at this moment.
After the 3 times I closed JoinFS and thereafter no more engine cut offs happened during the flight.

After the landing I restarted the JoinFS and only one minute later my engine went off again for no reason.

Actually I have a feeling, that there is a remote control in JoinFS, where someone can switch of my engine whenever he like!

And I think, this is only with the latest version. In the previous versions I never had these incidents.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

It's not JoinFS switching off the engine, it's code within your add-on aircraft that's doing it. If you contact the developer of the add-on they may be able to do something about it. The problem occurs when another copy of the aircraft is injected into the simulator. There is a post on these forums which points to the actual line of code that causes it, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.p ... t=10#p3317

Peter
breenild

Post by breenild »

Peter, I already had this incident with two different aircraft add-ons:
Aerosoft twin-otter
Real air turbo duke.

For the last add-on it isn't possible to contact the programmer, because he stopped the support.

And Aerosoft..... I'm pretty sure, they will dislike to change anything in the twin otter.

But I will have a look at the forum post...