Cant see me

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
theyoungaviator

Cant see me

Post by theyoungaviator »

Hi everyone, Recently I have been doing lots of flying on Joinfs, formation, navs etc.

Ive recently had the problem of people can see me flying but I can't see them. I have reinstalled Joinfs and that didn't work.

Does anyone now the problem?

Thanks guys
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Cant see me

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Open the aircraft list from the menu, View|Aircraft. Do you see a list of aircraft? In the distance column, are they highlighted green? What does it say in the model column, are the models what you are expecting them to be? Have you tried substituting the model? Also, open View|Monitor and save the log files, then you'll be able to post the log here to see if there what the problem is.

Peter
theyoungaviator

I went Veiw/Aircraft and there is nothing there in the collums.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If you aircraft list is empty then it's not connected correctly. Can you see your own aircraft in the list?

Is the Simulator button on the main JoinFS window green or red? If it's red then click it to connect to the simulator.

If it's still not working the open View|Monitor and post the output here.

Peter
theyoungaviator

Thanks mate, all fixed.

One more question.

When Im flying with my friend, sometimes he will just disappear for a little bit then come back?\

Is it just a internet thing??

Jack
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

theyoungaviator wrote: When Im flying with my friend, sometimes he will just disappear for a little bit then come back?\

Is it just a internet thing??
No that shouldn't really happen, even on a bad internet connection. Do you mean the aircraft is no longer on the aircraft list?

If you look at the other person in the users list, what sort of numbers are you seeing in the latency column? Keep hitting the refresh button to update the window.

Peter
theyoungaviator

Its like I'm flying formation and he will disappear for 3-15 seconds, and I right click in the flight sim and the aircraft is no longer there

Jack