JoinFS on webserver

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
breenild

JoinFS on webserver

Post by breenild »

Hey again Peter,
One more question:
We have running an active webserver in the Windows system.
I installed for our community JoinFS without simulator connection.
So we have an always active hub for our community, for Groupflights.

So far this works nice!

But it has two problems:
1:
When the server is getting restarted without my knowledge, thereafter JoinFS isn't running, until I notice that and I restart it.
Is there any way to put JoinFS into the Windows autostart folder, so that it automatically reconnected to the network?

2. When I.logoff the administrator account on this server, JoinFS is shutting down.
There should be a ability to start JoinFS as a Windows-service, so that it can run in the background without an active desktop. Of course then I has no front-end and this is only for running as an unattended job
blue_ice

Re: JoinFS on webserver

Post by blue_ice »

Hi
The way i get Joinfs to start with windows is put a copy of the shortcut in appdata\roaming\microsoft\start menu\programs\startup. I've been using this method for awhile now and works well for me. I run joinfs on a mini pc called lattepanda and I use a program called Shutter Lite to force a restart every 24hours. It pretty much takes care of itself, the only interaction it needs from me is to install the latest update. But I don't know if using the shortcut method will work with a windows webserver
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS on webserver

Post by Peter »

1. Copying the shortcut to the startup folder, as suggested, is a good solution. Plus you can add any necessary options on the command line in the shortcut properties.

2. Isn't there some software that allows you to run any command line application as a service? If so, that's a possibility if I can prevent the interfacing coming up in a quiet mode. Not sure if I would need to actually create a proper command line application though. If you can find an answer to that then it might be possible.

Peter