ATC with JOINFS

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
mstanden86

Re: ATC with JOINFS (Please Read Again!)

Post by mstanden86 »

I'd be interested to see where this goes with euroscope.

I believe it is possible to create a proxy for the scope which reads anything coming down port 6810 off the top of my head.

My question would be do you need the flight sim running in the background to read all the variables or is having JoinFS open sufficient.

I don't know enough about networks and simconnect to know what is required. Info I have so far is from the euroscope wiki. http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index ... n_Settings
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Well, I know a lot about networks and simconnect, but nothing about euroscope :) I will need to read up on the docs you provided to see if there's a way to have the information in JoinFS shown on the euroscope radar.

To answer your question though, you can run JoinFS without flight sim. The only requirement is that you have the SimConnect DLL installed on that machine. Even then, I suppose it's not strictly necessary to have SimConnect installed at all because JoinFS can function without using the library. It's just that it's hard wired in at the moment.

Best regards,
Peter
mstanden86

Post by mstanden86 »

Thanks for the quick reply Peter.

I know nothing about the programming side but I understand it is possible to view private FSD type servers on euroscope without to much hassle. I haven't played around with it too much yet to be honest but happy to help test as required. Part of Dean Crawford gang over at MODsim so have a fairly good platform to test on.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I've heard others say that they use euroscope, so I'll happily look into making this compatible. And since this is for MODsim then I'll make it a priority ;)

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

I use Euroscope and have setup FSD networks.

Euroscope will not connect to JFS just by pointing it to a JFS node or through a proxy as somebody mentioned above.

I know because I've just tried incase we were lucky. ;)

I have contacted the developer of Euroscope in the past and he was very helpful.

Maybe that's the best place to start and get a definitive yes or no if it can be used.

It would be great if It could.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

There is an easier way.....

I was trawling through the FTX site, downloading "stuff" as you do, and downloaded, amongst other things, their AI Aircraft list.
LO!!! and behold, there are TWO towers in there.

What they are, is, essentially, AIRCRAFT!!
Invisible ones, with all the Tower appurtenances and ancillaries.
Seeing as they ARE actually aircraft, you can slew them to the correct tower position at the airport of your choice.

Clever!! and FREE!!!!!

go HERE https://orbxdirect.com/product/aitraffic-naga and prepare to be amazed!
Georgie

Post by Georgie »

Hello Mates.
I'm new on joinFS.
I guess that the program ATC V3, from Rhone Alpes Simulations, works fine.
http://www.rasasso.org/telechargement/t ... ements.php
You need no settings at all.
Just, get the sectors files from Ivao.
Launch your simulator,go to an airport, launch ATC RAS V3, And link with Localhost (127.0.0.1)
That's all.
Regards
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Hi Georgie,

If you normally can see AI airplanes on it when your Sim is in Freeflight mode then it should work fine.

It's software I've not seen before.
Wood

Post by Wood »

Georgie wrote:Hello Mates.
I'm new on joinFS.
I guess that the program ATC V3, from Rhone Alpes Simulations, works fine.
http://www.rasasso.org/telechargement/t ... ements.php
You need no settings at all.
Just, get the sectors files from Ivao.
Launch your simulator,go to an airport, launch ATC RAS V3, And link with Localhost (127.0.0.1)
That's all.
Regards
Hi Georgie

thanks for posting this. this is exactly what I'm looking for very similar to IvAc. Question I can't seem to find an English version at all for the manual. is there one that you know of?

thanks

Wood
ATC Roo

Re: ATC with JOINFS

Post by ATC Roo »

Are people still interested in using EuroScope with JoinFS?
viggen35

Post by viggen35 »

ATC Roo wrote:Are people still interested in using EuroScope with JoinFS?

Hello,

i'm very interesed :mrgreen:

regards
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

I do have something working at the moment which takes the data Peter outputs from JoinFS and creates a euroscope log file.

Euroscope can then playback the log file showing the data on screen.

I need to iron out a few things but I'll post here when I'm happy with it if people wanted to try it.

Comms and handover to other controllers won't work but Metar and a list of other controllers will.
beneidemthepilot

Post by beneidemthepilot »

Hi Peter, Roo,

I've had a ton of success with creating video maps (sector files) for Euroscope with the Seattle Virtual ATC community.
The only major problem that I'm having before we can utilize the ES / JFS functionality is that the secondary beacon (squawk) codes don't seem to transfer into Euroscope properly, therefore, I'm unable to correlate the radar targets and am limited to primary radar identification methods.
Update: just noticed the discussion between Roo and Peter here http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=452

Additionally, when there are more than approx 10 aircraft, the playback feature on Euroscope stops after just a couple seconds. I'm not sure if this is an ES issue, or a problem with Roo's software. I'm trying to run a simulation with 30 aircraft played back, recorded via JoinFS. I've discovered that ES can use plugins, so instead of Roo's external software, could we write a plugin which allows ES to interpret the JFS output directly without that third link in the chain?

Finally, I'm developing a web-based (PHP / AJAX) air traffic control system to manage flight plans, flight progress strips, and other ATC functionality. As a long term project, I plan on developing a simple flow management system. In order for this to work, the website would have to analyze data such as flight plans, filed and actual altitudes and speeds, and current aircraft position in order to forecast collision hazards, and alert the controllers.
I'm still very far from this level of automation, but when I get there, I would need a way for data from my JoinFS hub server to get to the web server, which is under a separate hosting provider. Maybe by writing a script on the webserver which writes to a file or updates a database table?

What are your thoughts on beacon codes in ES, and this ATC project?

Thank you,

Ben Eidem
Director of Air Traffic Control
Seattle Virtual ATC.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ben, I could get JoinFS to perform a http POST message to a URL if that would help where you have a separate webserver running. I guess it would just need a URL, username and password in the JoinFS settings and each message would just be the updated data, just like the euroscope.txt file at the moment.

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Sorry I've been busy for a few days so I've only just seen this.

An update..

Firstly I stopped trying to develop a way for ES to read a log file as although it worked, it would throw a hissy fit and stop now and then.

Secondly last month I started to play with TCP.
I'm certainly no expert but I have created a client that Euroscope can connect to.

The client then sends the data output by JoinFS (Euroscope.txt) to Euroscope.

Initial tests seems it works very well with all functions supported.

As well as aircraft positions I can send flight plans, weather and messages into the message box.

At the moment it's a Console app and I need to work on it slightly to make it look pretty but if anybody did want to try what I've written so far let me know.

It's a case of starting JFS.
Starting my program.
And clicking connect in Euroscope.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

I've updated the first post with details on how Euroscope can now be used to control with JOINFS.

I've not tried VRC or any others, but they too may work.

Let me know.
beneidemthepilot

Post by beneidemthepilot »

Peter. That sounds like it would work perfectly. Even better if it could write to a MySQL table directly.

Roo, That sounds like it would work much better than trying to have ES play back a recording that is constantly updated.
I tried your software and it results in a 404 error after connecting via the ES client. Attached is a screen capture of the error message.
Using your other software (with a playback file) also resulted in a 404 error, however by instructing windows to try to continue anyway It appears to be working correctly.
jfsd err.PNG
jfsd err.PNG (79.75 KiB) Viewed 15042 times
Thank you both very much.

--
Ben
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

beneidemthepilot wrote:Peter. That sounds like it would work perfectly. Even better if it could write to a MySQL table directly.

Roo, That sounds like it would work much better than trying to have ES play back a recording that is constantly updated.
I tried your software and it results in a 404 error after connecting via the ES client. Attached is a screen capture of the error message.
Using your other software (with a playback file) also resulted in a 404 error, however by instructing windows to try to continue anyway It appears to be working correctly. jfsd err.PNG

Thank you both very much.

--
Ben
Might have made a Booboo and uploaded another version I was working on. :oops:

Try the link in the first post again.
The correct version is V1.2 at the moment.
Knersuss

Post by Knersuss »

Hi ATC Roo

I have just stumbled upon this thread and tried my Euroscope as suggested on Page 1.

The connection seems perfect BUT my current VATSIM sector files do not seem to match where JoinFS is placing the aircraft.

Is this a known issue and do I have to make new sector files for JoinFS or am I doing something wrong or why would this happen.

Any ideas, suggestions or questions to resolve this matter will be appreciated

Regards,
Nico
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Knersuss wrote:Hi ATC Roo

I have just stumbled upon this thread and tried my Euroscope as suggested on Page 1.

The connection seems perfect BUT my current VATSIM sector files do not seem to match where JoinFS is placing the aircraft.

Is this a known issue and do I have to make new sector files for JoinFS or am I doing something wrong or why would this happen.

Any ideas, suggestions or questions to resolve this matter will be appreciated

Regards,
Nico
Hi Knersuss,

I've not come across the aircraft being placed in a different position.
There should be no need to edit any sector files if they are written with the correct LAT LON.

My program will place the aircraft on each update (Every 4 seconds) based on the LAT LON output by JoinFS.
The info output by JoinFS seems to be correct, as the JoinFS map also uses these positions.

The latest version of my JoinFS - Euroscope program is currently V1.5 and is now available from the link in the first post.

The difference with this version is that it now takes its data from the Whazzup file which Peter has now set to update quicker, rather than the euroscope file used in the version you have.

I'd try the new V1.5 and see if the issue still occurs.

I've found it works best with Global Whazzup UNTICKED, as if there are lots of positions to retrieve it can cause an aircraft to miss the occasional update.

Although with Global users TICKED all users will show and update on the scope, albeit sometimes missing an update.

Other than that it should work perfectly for vectoring aircraft.
I used it a few days ago (yes it was a blue moon and I was controlling) with no issues.

Let me know how you get on.