Testing Xplane 11 JoinFS hub Mode

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Jockeyboy2_0

Testing Xplane 11 JoinFS hub Mode

Post by Jockeyboy2_0 »

I have tested the new Beta of JoinFS , Very impressed.
The model matching seems a bit hit or miss But I guess this was due to 3rd party aircraft not specifically specifying the type of aircraft i.e S.E.P or twin, During my test I have noticed that formation flying (close) seems laggy. (This may be due port forwarding on the other client end )

Major Plus point ,, Because clients use multiplayer slots it then means that Clients (traffic) show up on programs such as littlenavmap.
Xsquawkbox doesnt do this. It also shows Traffic pointing in the right direction (Public FSD server doesnt do this). I saw a post about overtaking the limit of 19 multiplayer AI , Not sure if using that library would then remove the Functionality of the Above!!

Traffic Matching not to sure on how this works, I was expecting it to match the name of an acf file to one I had on my own machine. Does it need to be in the same location ???

I have a Carenado 206 in my hangar the client Flew a 206 but JoinFS initially displayed a default B58 had to change it manually.

Anyway keep doing what your doing as its great so far in the 3 hours no dropped connections Hub server has been running for 24 hours straight no errors
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Testing Xplane 11 JoinFS hub Mode

Post by Peter »

Hi, thanks for the report.

That's a good observation about the multiplayer slots. I think you are probably right in that moving to that alternative mini-SDK will remove those bits of functionality. In which case it'll be a case of weighing it up. Apparently you get stalls every time an aircraft loads, which is avoided on the SDK. However, I'm sure Laminar would consider the stalls as being worthy of a fix, so perhaps that problem could be solved in an X-Plane update. That's certainly food for thought anyway.

Yes, the model matching should work on the filename, so even if you have a different paths then it should still work. However, do you have them installed under <X-Plane>\Aircraft ?

The network code is very stable, so you can leave it running indefinitely and it should be fine.

Peter
Jockeyboy2_0

Post by Jockeyboy2_0 »

Question on Model Matching.

I run the Hub on my server (not the flight sim computer) 24 hours a day operation. I then run JoinFS on my flight sim computer.

My question is does the Hub need to have built a database of Models for Model matching ? or is it done through the client reporting to the other clients I am this model.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If it's a standalone hub on the server then, no, you don't need to scan for any models, or even connect to a simulator. It just forms a network hub. Only the clients that connect to your simulator need the model matching.

Peter