X-Plane 11

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Bluebell

X-Plane 11

Post by Bluebell »

Hi all,
Just been testing the latest JoinFS beta for XP.
So far all is working and I have managed to get on line.

When selecting aircraft is there a way to select different liveries?

When XP11.10 is out will we be able to select AI aircraft?
One off my past-times is converting AI Aircraft to XP and have produced over 2000.
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -aircraft/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -packages/

If there is a format that JoinFS will read I would be happy to convert to.

Tom.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-Plane 11

Post by Peter »

Hi Tom,

thanks for posting and for your report on XP support. Glad to hear that it's been successful so far.

You can change the selected model by opening the aircraft window, from menu 'View|Aircraft'. In the model column it shows the model that JoinFS is currently using. If you want to change the model, select the aircraft and click on the 'Substitute' button at the bottom of the window. From the sub-window you should be able to select the type variation from there.

JoinFS currently looks for .acf files to enumerate the available models. Do AI aircraft also use .acf files, or do they have a different specification? If they do use .acf files then you should be able to find them in the substitution window. You may also need to add additional folders to the 'File|Scan For Models' window so that JoinFS can find them.

Peter
Bluebell

Post by Bluebell »

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell »

JoinFS currently looks for .acf files to enumerate the available models. Do AI aircraft also use .acf files, or do they have a different specification? If they do use .acf files then you should be able to find them in the substitution window. You may also need to add additional folders to the 'File|Scan For Models' window so that JoinFS can find them.
My current plan is to make a set of AI aircraft with .acf but with low poly counts AI only for use off line and with JoinFS. I hope you will be able to use these and there liveries. Have been testing with Boeing 737-800 and results looking good. XP11.10B7 is the latest beta test.

Tom.
Bluebell

Post by Bluebell »

You can change the selected model by opening the aircraft window, from menu 'View|Aircraft'. In the model column it shows the model that JoinFS is currently using. If you want to change the model, select the aircraft and click on the 'Substitute' button at the bottom of the window. From the sub-window you should be able to select the type variation from there.
Do not seem to see any liveries in sub-window.

Tom.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ah, I used a rather simplistic method to work out the liveries. I thought that each livery had it's own .acf file. So the intention was to get the liveries by looking at each .acf file in the add-on sub folder. Perhaps I need to look at that again.

Peter
Bluebell

Post by Bluebell »

Ah, I used a rather simplistic method to work out the liveries. I thought that each livery had it's own .acf file. So the intention was to get the liveries by looking at each .acf file in the add-on sub folder. Perhaps I need to look at that again.]
Each aircraft has a sub folder called Liveries inside which are all the folders with repaints the folder name for each livery

There is no information in the .acf file for liveries.

The default texture is in the Objects folder of the aircraft.
Like the Laminar Research Boeing 737-800 the default texture is American Airlines in the Object folder.
With 3 repaints Delta, KLM and Qantas in liveries folder.
At the moment I can old have default texture American Airlines.

Tom.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I see. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though the X-Plane SDK supports liveries at all. You can only load a .acf model, nothing else. I'll have to investigate further and perhaps contact Laminar about it.

Peter
criley

Post by criley »

Did you guys have any luck? The only work around I can think of at the moment would be to have multiple copies of an aircraft and changing the object paint files with that of the livery you want. That is going to get heavy on the real estate down the road.
criley

Post by criley »

Could we not use the following datarefs to see what the other user plane's livery is and then pass that information on? Also I noticed that the status of the flaps is not being used either so there is no animation.

sim/aircraft/view/acf_livery_index
sim/aircraft/view/acf_livery_path