Tacpack + FSX@War report for v1.2.8

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Tisor

Tacpack + FSX@War report for v1.2.8

Post by Tisor »

Good Morning,

Yesterday, at Ala 12 Virtual we tried the new version with the VRS Tacpack, our Superbugs and FSX@War.

We were flying on a test scenario on our firing range at Bardenas, Spain. We had some pre-placed stuff there and we drop some iron.

The report is very successful. First of all, now Stores are syncronized, THANK YOU! That's a HUGE step forward for us.

According to A/G attack, damage is sync into FSX@War. The objects are destroyed when other drop a bomb, also that bomb is shown on FSX@War map. Sometimes, the smoke from the damaged object is not broadcasted, we need to check if maybe that effect is not being autobroadcasted or what's going on there.

Then, A/A is not working well. When I got hit, I can see the fire and smoke from my back, but all systems still ok.

Hope we can get more feedbacks and take things in common. We need to get rid of default FSX MP and JoinFS is going forward on this.

Best regards

Tisor
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Tacpack + FSX@War report for v1.2.8

Post by Peter »

That's great news, thanks for the update, Tisor.

Yes, I improved the handling of smoke in 1.2.8. It was not specific to aircraft either, so it should work well on ground objects. In your scenario was the ground object owned by one person (in terms of JoinFS) with broadcast enabled? Or was the object generated independently by FSX@War on each machine?

The A/A sounds odd. Do you mean your own aircraft as observed just by yourself or from someone else's point of view? If it's just you then any smoke and system failure should work as normal, JoinFS shouldn't really come into it.

Peter
Tisor

Re: Tacpack + FSX@War report for v1.2.8

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:That's great news, thanks for the update, Tisor.

Yes, I improved the handling of smoke in 1.2.8. It was not specific to aircraft either, so it should work well on ground objects. In your scenario was the ground object owned by one person (in terms of JoinFS) with broadcast enabled? Or was the object generated independently by FSX@War on each machine?
Objects were generated on each machine by FSX@War. If I destroy a SAM, for example, I see the smoke coming out, but my buddy does not. But he destroyed 2 Phantoms and I see them smoking, for example. That's why maybe has something to do with the model itself?
Peter wrote: The A/A sounds odd. Do you mean your own aircraft as observed just by yourself or from someone else's point of view? If it's just you then any smoke and system failure should work as normal, JoinFS shouldn't really come into it.
My buddy shoot my a AIM120C. He hits me and he see me smoking and on fire. I also see that, but no damage to the aircraft happened.