Released and Test instances running concurrently

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
JarangMandi

Released and Test instances running concurrently

Post by JarangMandi »

A suggestion...

Don't know how many people use JoinFS off a server, but we do!

We tend to get two groups of people - those who are early adopters and who will run the latest test version as soon as its released, and those who don't update anything unless they have to.

I'd like to run the release and test versions side by side on the same machine - but they seem to share configuration information which means that both instances try to listen on the same port with the obvious consequence that the one that is started second doesn't. Would be really good if it were possible to run them both...
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Released and Test instances running concurrently

Post by Peter »

In an earlier version the settings for the test version were separate, but I decided to change it to a single set so that you don't have to remember to change both versions when altering a setting. I can't remember if there was another reason for doing it.

What I can do is specifically make the port setting separate for the test version. In fact I'll do this with the hub settings as well because you can't run two hubs on the same machine. That should work.

Peter
JarangMandi

Post by JarangMandi »

Peter,

New update seems to allow two instances to run concurrently - thank you! An extension to the request though - would it be possible for logging to be separated too please?

Thanks,

Andy
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Good point, Andy, will do.

Thanks,
Peter
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

Peter,
Has anyone told you about the Caranado aircraft getting power off's during going flight sessions when another user joins the session? :?:
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

FireRx wrote:Peter,
Has anyone told you about the Caranado aircraft getting power off's during going flight sessions when another user joins the session? :?:
Yes, I know about that. I've been told that it's a problem with Caranado aircraft and the same thing happens in other situations. But it's something that I'll be looking into. Is it an aircraft specifically supported under P3D v4, or an older aircraft that your adding to v4?

Peter
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

it's pretty much all the Carenado C690, C172 SP, aircraft that have been fitted to P3D V4. Just Flight F-27 Aircraft as well. all in PrePqr3D V4.1. 8-)
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

Peter,
Just did an additional test flying an Nemeth Design 350 Helicopter. As soon as someone else joined the session with FSX it killed my engines. So This issue isn't just a Carenado issue after all. More like a sim thing.
I'm on Prepar3D v4.1

Thanks,
Robert
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Yes, I'm just starting to look at this. It really needs sorting out ASAP. Apparently the DA40 does it a lot, so I've picked that up but haven't been able to repeat it on my local session yet, so will be trying to see it happen with other people's sessions over the weekend. The key thing is to repeat the problem on my system, then I'll be able to pin it down.

Peter