Shared Cockpit - Stable v1.2.3

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Dan-TXHills

Shared Cockpit - Stable v1.2.3

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Peter:

We tested the new features related to the autopilot. AP Engaged, Nav, Hdg and Alt lights all translated correctly. An interesting phenomenon - if you turn over Other controls the joining pilot can engage the AP but not disengage it by clicking the AP Engage button again. Others could be activated and deactivated but no the AP Engage. (Autopilot altitude and vertical speed settings did not translate between aircraft but I don't think that was planned.)

Also - noted that flaps and gear are still in the Main Flight Controls section, not yet moved to 'Other'. Also noted that spoilers could not be controlled by the joining pilot so that might be something for the future as an enhancement.

All in all wonderful work. You've now gotten JoinFS to the point where it meets our primary needs - teaching and check rides. For us the rest is "gravy".

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared Cockpit - Stable v1.2.3

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Dan. I should be able to sort most of those out in the next few versions. There are quite a lot more simulator events that could be added, but I think it's best to add them as requested, as some of the really minor ones will probably never be used.

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Thanks Peter. Actually, I meant to say something to that effect - that folks should let you know what is on their "wish list" (not that they already haven't) which is why I made this a forum post. As I've said before - truly sharing a cockpit to divide the responsibilities (e.g. a realistic virtual airline pilot / first officer type of scenario) is not something I do so those that do have experience and insight on how cockpit sharing should be set up will hopefully chime in.

Dan
DCA1161

Post by DCA1161 »

Pete, my mate and I also had a lot of fun sharing cockpits. We were able to completely take over the plane (a C47). But something strange happened. While both were in the cockpit of my plane I could see my mates plane slowly lifting from the tarmac and drifting away with the wind. At the point of returning back to his own plane I could see on Plan-g that his plane was about 40 nm away, but when he entered back into his cockpit the plane was back on the tarmac. Then my plane started to lift in the air. I solved it by disconnecting and reconnecting to the server, but is there another way?
Roy
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Roy,

Yes, I have seen this. It's supposed to clean up the other aircraft after joining the cockpit, but there's obviously a problem somewhere. Will look into it.

Thanks,
Peter
skelsey

Post by skelsey »

Hi Peter/Dan,

To add to the "wish list" of shared events that would be useful to us from a training/checking point of view:

Would it be possible for failures to be shared? This is currently possible (for failures selectable in the FSX menu) in the native shared cockpit so I assume this is a shareable variable -- in particular we'd need that for partial panel instrument training.

Otherwise -- we are going to embark on some more intensive testing of JoinFS in our training environment and I'll let you know how we get on and any feedback.

Cheers,

Simon
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Simon,

Yes, I think it should be possible to control the FSX failures and sync them with JoinFS. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks,
Peter