Model Matching

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Travis

Model Matching

Post by Travis »

Hi Peter,
As you know, what you have done so far is great!
I would like to suggest something with model matching to make it a little easier to find models. If you could experiment with this that would be fantastic. The way that you currently have it set up can be quite difficult to find aircraft. I have also noticed many other pilots having troubles with this aspect as well. Maybe the starting drop down box could be aircraft type such as C172 or something similar. I know this may be difficult to change and make it an automated process for everyone.
Let me know what you think about this. I would be happy to help you with come up with ideas and throw around thoughts to make this better if you are interested in spending a little time on this. Also I am sure a good few of us at msFlights would be happy to put in input if you want it.
Thanks for everything you have done
Travis
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Model Matching

Post by Peter »

That sounds fair enough, Travis.

I actually think you're first suggestion is spot on by having the Type as the main drop down list, then we only need one more box below that which selects the variation within that type.

Should be an easy change as well. I'll try it in 1.0.5.

It always seems obvious when someone points it out :)

Thanks,
Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I just tried this out and it's a lot simpler and makes much more sense.

Thanks,
Peter
Travis

Post by Travis »

Very cool! Hey no worries. I am just thankful that you are so responsive and seem like such a great person trying to help out your community and others. A big thank you for listening to all the people here and giving feedback and consideration to everything. Not everything is going to be a good idea, so I try not to be too intrusive.
Good job!
Travis