US Central Events

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
JackRiordan

US Central Events

Post by JackRiordan »

Gentlemen,

This will just be an open event for flying some good ol' Warbirds.

Every year, the Dane County Regional Airport hosts a Warbirds weekend, where restored aircraft from the CAF and many other organizations present their aircraft.

On Friday, April 21st, 2017, at 6:00pm CST, we will be flying from KOSH Wittman Regional to KMSN Dane County Regional. After landing, we will taxi over to the East Ramp and park there. The flight distance is 75nm. The aircraft type will be warbirds from the WWII-Korean War era.

If you would like to participate in our event, feel free to join the US Central hub on the date, time, and at the location listed above. I would also recommend you reply to this thread and let everyone know what aircraft you will be flying.

You are welcome to connect to our Teamspeak server as well. The address is fsxfuscentral.dynu.com.

We hope to see you all there!

Posted on our group forum by our Event Coordinator, Rapier.
Last edited by JackRiordan on Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: US Central Event - Warbirds Fly-In at KMSN

Post by Peter »

Hi Jack,

I'd like to join in with this one. It'll be at midnight for me though, but with a few cups of coffee I might just manage it. :)

Peter
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Peter wrote:Hi Jack,

I'd like to join in with this one. It'll be at midnight for me though, but with a few cups of coffee I might just manage it. :)

Peter
:lol: It's tough to find a time where everyone is available to fly!

All players are welcome to join
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Harden up, Peter!

Jack,
I'm in and will see if I can get some of our group as well.
Look for a DH98....

Bob
Chief Wizard,
FlybyWires
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Bob,

I'll make sure our members know you'll be flying the Mosquito!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Good flight, guys, and a valuable lesson learned for me to check the undercarriage light. Although whether or not it is better to know that your right gear has failed to drop is debatable.

Peter
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

I MISSED IT!!!!
Damn, serves me right for going two hours away to visit my grandkids and their parents.
Well, there is only ONE answer, jack.

You have to run another one!!

B
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Grumpy wrote:I MISSED IT!!!!
Damn, serves me right for going two hours away to visit my grandkids and their parents.
Well, there is only ONE answer, jack.

You have to run another one!!

B
No worries, Grumpy. We definitely have plans to do many more events, and everyone is welcome to join us anytime. You can check our upcoming events on the US Central events page here...

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fsxuscentral#events
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Peter wrote:Good flight, guys, and a valuable lesson learned for me to check the undercarriage light. Although whether or not it is better to know that your right gear has failed to drop is debatable.

Peter
Very unfortunate that happened, Peter! If you don't have a good external view of your gear, ask one of us to take a look when you're on final ;)

Speaking of camera views, I highly recommend EzDok v2 from Flight1. I've been using EzDok for a long time, and v2 is one, if not the best camera addon software out there. I've heard Old Prop Solutions came out with a camera addon called Chaseplane, but I cannot give it a recommendation at this time.
JackRiordan

Re: US Central Events

Post by JackRiordan »

Gentlemen,

We'll be doing a flight tomorrow, May 26th, 2017, from Mandeville Aerodrome NZVL to Ryan's Creek Aerodrome NZRC. This is just a casual flight for fun :D . I recommend using a single or twin turbo prop aircraft.

If you would like to participate, join the US Central Hub on joinFS and meet us at Mandeville Aerodrome NZVL at 1000 CST (1600 UST) for departure. You can connect to our Teamspeak at address fsxfuscentral.dynu.com for all communications.

Reply to this thread if you are participating or if you have any questions!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I don't appear to have either of those airports in FSX.

Peter
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Apologies. Appears default FSX does not have those airports. I have always used Orbx, so I will need to verify those airports exist next time!
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Gentlemen,

We'll be doing a casual flight tomorrow, May 28th, 2017, 1300 CDT (1800 UST) from Powell River Airport CYPW to Echo Valley Airport CBJ4. Flight distance is 126nm. I recommend flying a single or twin engine turbo prop.