Smokey A2As

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Ron Attwood

Smokey A2As

Post by Ron Attwood »

I need to be put right on something. Does JoinFS transmit more than Name, Rank and serial number plus positional info? For instance, I see A2A Comanches smoking like chimneys and landing in close company drags the sim to it's knees. Am I receiving what is happening to THEIR engine or is it, like navigation lights, that THEY are reflecting what's happening to my engine? To clarify, I switch on my nav lights and the other guy's lights come on as well. I switch them off and his go off as well.
You're going to ask if my aircraft smokes...I don't think so.
I do hope that makes sense. :?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Smokey A2As

Post by Peter »

Hi Ron,

One thing which is a problem is due to the way JoinFS updates the aircraft. At the moment it can cause severe overspeed and stress on the aircraft and in the case of A2A can damage the network aircraft that you see. This is currently on the bug list and I'll get this fixed soon, and with that problem out the way, it may be clearer if there are any other side effects going on.

I'll look into the lights thing as well. It may be just the A2A aircraft, but I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

Peter, the lights thing with A2A is known from 'ordinary' multiplayer so I doubt it's part of your programme. But the smoking issue is new with the advent of JoinFS. Nice to know you're aware of it.

I was saying to someone yesterday that with all the updates and progress you've made, it's a wonder it worked straight out of the traps and adopted so readily. :D

Keep up the good work.
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Peter A2A AC use Simconnect very heavily on their AccuSim ..
Jorge