JoinFS "Flight server" with CCP/FSX@War running

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
edakridge

JoinFS "Flight server" with CCP/FSX@War running

Post by edakridge »

What we at the USNVA are experimenting with is a full time JoinFS connection running on a so called "Server Computer". This server is running a "Bare Bones" install of FSX, CCP, and FSX@War. The server is running CCP in "Single Player" mode and Broadcasting the Air, Sea, and Convoy objects across our in house "Network". This eliminates the need for all players to "Sync Time" in FSX to use the CCP multiplayer function. This has always been a problem with FSX multiplayer due to internet lag, geographical distances, etc. The results thus far have been very favorable and are listed below.

1. The AI broadcast from the server is being received by players both in FSX and P3D.
2. Damage on AI objects is being transmitted to other players across JoinFS.
3. Once an AI object is destroyed (By Tacpack weapons) it is automatically deleted from the aircraft or objects list in JoinFS. Both on the server and client ends.
4. If a player does not have the AI installed, he is able to sustitute it for a "Generic" item.

It is our hope to do the same with FSX@War once Peter gets the transference working. (Which I know that He is working on.) My question is this: Is anyone else experimenting with this, and what results are you having? The more data that we all have to work with will only benefit the "Combat" Flight Sim community. It is my opinion that broadcasting from the server can only help those that are flying on lower end computers, as they will not have to run CCP or FSX@War in the background.
marte21

Re: JoinFS "Flight server" with CCP/FSX@War running

Post by marte21 »

Same here. FSX@war not working so far, but satisfactory with CCP and TP

Diego
www.edavirtual.org
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

We had similar results. I understand that v1.1.7 will hopefully addresses the remaining FSX@War issue. I am not sure that will address the A2A damage, but maybe it will do that as well.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think I should be able to fix the A2A damage on network aircraft, but that won't be in 1.1.7, but a later version.

Peter
sgraypgh

Post by sgraypgh »

Thanks for all your efforts Peter!!
motus

Post by motus »

Thank you Peter for your prodigious tool.

I'm Motus, the developper of CCP from FSX@War Team. Don't hesitate to contact me if you think that I can help you.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

motus wrote: I'm Motus, the developper of CCP from FSX@War Team. Don't hesitate to contact me if you think that I can help you.
Hi Motus,

Thanks for the offer. Once I've finished implementing some of the current features that are going in I will very likely require some assistance in the near future. Will be in touch.

Best regards,
Peter
motus

Post by motus »

Peter, it will be a pleasure to try to help you. :)

Will be in touch.
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

I would love to get CCP up and running on the US Central Server. I have it installed, but at this time I have no idea how to set it up properly. Any help would be appreciated!
Cougar FFW04

Post by Cougar FFW04 »

Hi,

We sent a PM to Peter a week ago for discussing FSXatWar-CCP/JoinFS compatibility.
Looking forward for his response but no answer yet.

++
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi, yes, sorry about that, I've been really busy getting the new version out. Will respond to it today. ;)

Peter
Cougar FFW04

Post by Cougar FFW04 »

No problem Peter
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hello Peter,

I am part of Cougar's FSX@War team. I love your JoinFS application. It is truly a game changer for the multiplayer community. We use it daily with the group that I fly with. We have done some comprehensive testing that I share with you in a PM which hopefully you will find useful. I look forward to hearing from you.

Blue
felipius

Post by felipius »

Hi everybody.

Flying with my virtual squadron we have find de following issues using Tacpack+CCP+FSX@WAR+JoinFs in P3Dv4. We use a "computer server", like USNA, All of the clients with superbug and tackpack but the server only have installed fsxatwar and ccp, but no tackpack. We use ccp in single mode in the server and the "broadcast everything" option active in joinfsx

1.- FSX@WAR objets are not broadcasted. As well as this issue, we have noticed that a big amount of effects of fsxatwar( fire, smoke, explisions...) are broadcasted in a infinite loop in some point of the scenery, originating a crash in the sim of the clients(not the server)
2.-CCP Ground Vehicles: Objects are catched and broadcasted by joinfs, and the path of the vehicles is transmitted, as well. But not the correct heading of the vehicles, I mean, The vehicles follows the defined path but the nose of them is always pointing to the course of the first leg of the route.
2.- Ai Tanker( both ccp and tackpack). The lag becomes imposible the refuelling maneuver. :cry:

Anyway, congrats to Peter for his amazing sofware and doing closer the oportunity to have a good multiplayer protocol in p3d/fsx. :P
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

felipius wrote: 1.- FSX@WAR objets are not broadcasted. As well as this issue, we have noticed that a big amount of effects of fsxatwar( fire, smoke, explisions...) are broadcasted in a infinite loop in some point of the scenery, originating a crash in the sim of the clients(not the server)
2.-CCP Ground Vehicles: Objects are catched and broadcasted by joinfs, and the path of the vehicles is transmitted, as well. But not the correct heading of the vehicles, I mean, The vehicles follows the defined path but the nose of them is always pointing to the course of the first leg of the route.
2.- Ai Tanker( both ccp and tackpack). The lag becomes imposible the refuelling maneuver. :cry:
Hi,

it appears that the code for broadcasting the FSX@War has been disabled. The problem is I can't recall the reason for taking it out. Perhaps someone else that uses FSX@War a lot can chime in here?

I can take a look at the object orientation.

What is your internet connection like when you're doing a refuel? Are you getting low latency values around 50ms? At some point I'll be looking at doing some form of prediction on the aircraft position to make it more accurate. That may help in this case.

Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:
felipius wrote: 1.- FSX@WAR objets are not broadcasted. As well as this issue, we have noticed that a big amount of effects of fsxatwar( fire, smoke, explisions...) are broadcasted in a infinite loop in some point of the scenery, originating a crash in the sim of the clients(not the server)
Hi,

it appears that the code for broadcasting the FSX@War has been disabled. The problem is I can't recall the reason for taking it out. Perhaps someone else that uses FSX@War a lot can chime in here?

I can take a look at the object orientation.

What is your internet connection like when you're doing a refuel? Are you getting low latency values around 50ms? At some point I'll be looking at doing some form of prediction on the aircraft position to make it more accurate. That may help in this case.

Peter

Peter, I've been inyecting the Tanker from Tacpack. I've 300mbps up/down connection, very low latency. The receiver is also under a 200mbps connection. Saying that because we cannot remember the latency of course, but will check next time. The problem is the Tanker is inyected by TP so here it come the problem.

Also we need to figure out how to make tacpack recognize JoinFS aircraft to refuel from them. The F18 with the drogue tank is not working neither, but it works on default MP.

Maybe has something to do with ATC Model? I think Tacpack relies on this to take in account which aircraft is able to give fuel and get the position of it drogues.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Tisor wrote: Maybe has something to do with ATC Model? I think Tacpack relies on this to take in account which aircraft is able to give fuel and get the position of it drogues.
Do you mean the radio frequencies? Those are currently sent over the network.

Peter
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Peter, I know exactly what he is saying. Neither the "Tacpack spawned" Tanker nor Tacpack in flight refueling capability is transferring across JoinFS. If I spawn a Tanker through Tacpack, I am the only one who can see it or tank from it. This is true whether you spawn it yourself or on the "Server" computer. I "Assume" that this failure to transfer across is related to Tacpack Carrier Tacan/ILS not transferring..
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

edakridge wrote:Peter, I know exactly what he is saying. Neither the "Tacpack spawned" Tanker nor Tacpack in flight refueling capability is transferring across JoinFS. If I spawn a Tanker through Tacpack, I am the only one who can see it or tank from it. This is true whether you spawn it yourself or on the "Server" computer. I "Assume" that this failure to transfer across is related to Tacpack Carrier Tacan/ILS not transferring..
If you spawn a Tanker, does it appear in your JoinFS aircraft list? If not, does it appear in the object list? If so, then you'll need to enable broadcast on that object to have it transferred.

Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:
edakridge wrote:Peter, I know exactly what he is saying. Neither the "Tacpack spawned" Tanker nor Tacpack in flight refueling capability is transferring across JoinFS. If I spawn a Tanker through Tacpack, I am the only one who can see it or tank from it. This is true whether you spawn it yourself or on the "Server" computer. I "Assume" that this failure to transfer across is related to Tacpack Carrier Tacan/ILS not transferring..
If you spawn a Tanker, does it appear in your JoinFS aircraft list? If not, does it appear in the object list? If so, then you'll need to enable broadcast on that object to have it transferred.

Peter
https://gyazo.com/315df7448143d5e06fa763442e1ba322

It does appear, but it does not work. Is lagging a lot and is not refuelling at all.