First Test complete

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Deano1973

First Test complete

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi Peter,

Four members of our military VA conducted a test last night using the standard version of JoinFS ( not the more recent TEST v1 ).

In short, it was absolutely marvellous! It made standard FSX Multiplayer look ridiculous. Perfect P2P for all of us, and as an FYI we started up with TacPack and I can confirm that guns worked as I shot a fellow player down 8-)

Some people couldn't be joined, but we able to join others and we noticed that nobody using P3D could be seen ( they could join the session and appeared as "pilots" but were invisible ). This could be down to the Scan models lists perhaps?

All in all we're really excited about your work and will be performing more tests over the coming week or so. I'll report in with any bugs we find and let you know if we get P3D working ( I'm sure it's something we're doing wrong ).

Cheers
Peter
Site Admin

Re: First Test complete

Post by Peter »

Hi,

sounds great that the guns were working with TacPack. I really need to have a play with TacPack/Superbug - I installed it a while ago.

I know that several others have used P3D without any problems so that may just be a coincidence. Perhaps it has more to do with the aircraft models they used. While the model matching is working well on the whole I think there are still a couple of minor issues. I've just fixed a bug where models with double quotes in the name were not working. That fix will be in version 1.0.1. The current test version 1.0.0 has another fix for a truncated model list.

There will be problems when a router is not using the correct external port number. Others will not be able to join them, but they can still join everyone else. Basically if you can see that someone is on 6112 (in 'View|Aircraft') then everyone should be able to join that person and see everyone else.

Thanks for the comments.
Peter