Wow! Just wow!

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Robert

Wow! Just wow!

Post by Robert »

I recorded a start, taxi, takeoff, pace, loiter, and landing in the free MilViz Red Bull P-38. Just to see what all JoinFS was recording and how it was doing for this stuff I played it back with me joined to the playback P-38. I run in VR with the Vive for my flying so got out of the cockpit like I sometimes do to check out the airplane but this time I was able to stay out on the wing and watch the flight. Unreal. It was so cool to see all the stuff that MilViz animates from the cockpit view (that you cannot see unless you are out of the cockpit) and it is amazing. The Fowler flaps work properly and while I knew the nose strut and wheel were there since I could walk out on the wing to see them, the mains are forward when down and my room isn't that big that I can see them. Well, when the gear came up, the mains swung back and up just like they are supposed to and all the gear doors worked as proper. During the taxi, the nose strut would compress and extend and the link would properly scissor during. In turns, the nose wheel actually turns. The wheel rolls.

I've got to take a break but will record this so people can see it. It's unbelievable and just so cool to see the care MilViz put in that P-38. And JoinFS lets me do all that with a very faithful playback to ride along with.

Just very very cool. Will post a link when I get the video up. It's something amazing to see. :D
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Wow! Just wow!

Post by Peter »

Can't wait to see the video Robert.

Thanks for playing around with these technologies and seeing what they can do. The Vive is a great first attempt at VR and will hopefully continue to improve and increase the immersion experience with new hardware versions.

Peter
Robert

Re: Wow! Just wow!

Post by Robert »

You are welcome but thank you for JoinFS! Between you and Dan, flight simulation has changed forever as well as the ability for people to experience things they never would be able to otherwise. I can't wait to see what comes next for VR and flight simulation!

Here is the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzDmfvjvs4 :D

No videos do the experience justice though. I'm working on an unlimited style race like the T-6 race but using the A2A P-51 and the FASA repaints. They look amazing and I can't wait to see a full field of racing P-51s going around the pylons. Probably won't be until next weekend that I get that done though, and I even need to redo this pace flight. Fair weather still gets you wind shear and it was tossing me around pretty bad so just need to turn that off. Do like the clouds in the sky though. :D

But as I get these races worked out better, I'll post them so others can try racing. I'd rather fly with other humans, but cart/horse. FASA participation is apparently low but Alan wants to build it back up. I'd love to see that too. But with JoinFS we can still race through a full field of planes. Unreal.