First Flight Test

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
CPC900

First Flight Test

Post by CPC900 »

Did a quick flight last night with a friend of mine.......it was simply amazing. I can't believe how smooth this was. I have never seen multiplayer better in Flightsim. Thanks for an amazing product. Expect a couple donations!! ;)

Bruce
Peter
Site Admin

Re: First Flight Test

Post by Peter »

Hi Bruce, really appreciate you taking the time to post. It's great to hear that JoinFS is improving the flying experience. :)

If you have any suggestions then I'm more than happy to make improvements.

Best regards,
Peter
CPC900

Post by CPC900 »

Hmmm, the other day it was all fine. But today I don't see the correct airplane of my friends, nor does he of mine. It goes back to the default c172.
For instance the other day we saw each others B752 Qualitywings liveries, but not today, although our other aircraft are fine. ie. default and other payware. Maybe missed something in settings?! But only for the B752 for some reason. I might be losin it ;)

Bruce
CPC900

Post by CPC900 »

For some reason, the scan of the models did NOT pick up any of the Qualitywings 757's. It almost seemed to bypass that model entirely in the models.txt?! Weird.

*** Does it matter if the aircraft.cfg file has "title = QualityWings 757-200 QW House Livery RB211-535C WV" whereas there is a space between the word "title" and the = sign. Other aircraft don't have that space. ???

*** Yes, apparently those spaces cause it to not get picked up in the scan. :(

Bruce
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for pointing that out. I can change the scanning code to accommodate that. It'll be in version 1.0.16

Peter
CPC900

Post by CPC900 »

Bruce
CPC900

Post by CPC900 »

JoinFS test version 1.0.16
"Fixed model scanner to find 'title =' prefix (space before equals)"

This did not work because more was needed on the 'spacing' issue. ALL = signs MUST NOT have a space BEFORE or AFTER them, otherwise the models.txt won't pick them up. Most aircraft don't install liveries where the aircraft.cfg file has the spaces, but....if one does(Qualitywings 757), they won't be seen in models.txt

On the Qualitywings 757, here is one of the listings in the aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.0]
title = QualityWings 757-200 QW House Livery RB211-535E4B WV
sim = QWSim Boeing 757-200 Rolls-Royce RB211-535E4B
model = RR_WV
panel = main
sound = rr
texture =
kb_checklists = QW757_Check
kb_reference = QW757_Ref
ui_manufacturer = Boeing-QWSim
ui_typerole = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby = QualityWings Simulations
ui_type = 757-200
ui_variation = QW House Livery RR
atc_id =
atc_airline = QW
atc_flight_number = 1332
atc_heavy =
description = Qualitywings Simulations \nBoeing 757-200\nVersion 1.3\nModel Designer\n Stefano Anedda\n Lars Roennig\nFlight Dynamics Designer\n Brandon D. Henry, Nick Peterson\n\nMaster Texture Designer\n Corey Ford\n\nFlightdeck Development\n Jacob Kubique\n Ernie Alston\n\nSounds\n Emil Serafino\n\n Repaints\n Tom Collins\n Corey Ford\n David Aquino\n\nAquino\n\n
atc_parking_types = GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_codes =
atc_id_color = 0x00000000
atc_id_font = Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage = 0

It would NEED to be like this, for models.txt to catch it. I have tested it extensively and that is what JoinFS needs to do with the equals signs BEFORE and AFTER :)

[fltsim.0]
title=QualityWings 757-200 QW House Livery RB211-535E4B WV
sim=QWSim Boeing 757-200 Rolls-Royce RB211-535E4B
model=RR_WV
panel=main
sound=rr
texture=
kb_checklists=QW757_Check
kb_reference=QW757_Ref
ui_manufacturer=Boeing-QWSim
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=QualityWings Simulations
ui_type=757-200
ui_variation=QW House Livery RR
atc_id=
atc_airline=QW
atc_flight_number=1332
atc_heavy=
description=Qualitywings Simulations \nBoeing 757-200\nVersion 1.3\nModel Designer\n Stefano Anedda\n Lars Roennig\nFlight Dynamics Designer\n Brandon D. Henry, Nick Peterson\n\nMaster Texture Designer\n Corey Ford\n\nFlightdeck Development\n Jacob Kubique\n Ernie Alston\n\nSounds\n Emil Serafino\n\n Repaints\n Tom Collins\n Corey Ford\n David Aquino\n\nAquino\n\n
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_codes=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0

I want to state that I am NOT being critical or anything. I absolutely LOVE JoinFS!!!!!!! I am just trying to help a little :) And the reason it may bother others, is if, they have installed 80+ liveries for the Qualitywings 757; takes awhile to get rid of all those spaces ;)

Bruce
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I've already put a fix in for 1.0.17 which ignores the spaces, so I would wait for that before changing all your files.

Peter
CPC900

Post by CPC900 »

I had thought 1.0.16 had fixed that, sorry. Thanks again Peter :)

Bruce
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Yes, sorry for the confusion guys. I attempted a fix in 1.0.16, by checking for "title =", but forgot to do the same with "ui_variation =", so 1.0.17 should complete the fix. Such is coding. :)

Peter
CPC900

Post by CPC900 »

And just to be clear then, I had to have all the = signs the same; not just title, ui_variation, ui_type and ui_manufacturer like what shows in models.txt, but all entries with an = sign, or at least, that is what I did. Changing only those 4 did not do it.
So I changed all:

title=
sim=
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_parking_types=
ui_manufacturer=
ui_type=
ui_variation=
ui_typerole=
ui_createdby=

In the above example, it did not have a description= line I noticed. So, it seems IF it has an = sign, all lines which have one needs to be changed!?

Bruce