Members flying/Fly Ins

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
FS9demon

Members flying/Fly Ins

Post by FS9demon »

Hi all

I was a member of a decent sized team/group that flew FSX regular whether it be VFR Flights, formation flying, formation aerobatics or Display routines while others watched and I tried to capture footage, unfortunately with the problem of either FSX Boxed or FSX:SE along with free time diminishing members slowly dwindled away and less and less appeared online to fly on an evening

Ive recently discovered this software but not in time to save or revive the group that I was part of and haven't really been able to test it out either, so I'm just curious if people could point me towards any groups or teams in FSX that would welcome me under their wing (pardon the pun) so that I can enjoy online flying again whether it be Fly In's, local VFR flights or just general zipping about the skies over an aerodrome

I'm not too good when it comes to correct ATC protocol (although I can understand it from listening to local Civilian pilots and aerodromes talking to each other on my scanner) and still have much to learn, but at 35 I class myself mature enough that I can learn well and while still having fun be able to be sensible when needed too and I can hold a formation pretty well :lol:

I'm based in the UK so anything UK or European based would be better Time Zone wise but would be willing to attempt flights on other Time Zones but above all else if you've got this far thanks for your time to read this :D :D

Matt
ATC Roo

Re: Members flying/Fly Ins

Post by ATC Roo »

The Christmas Group Flight might be a good way to see the different groups available Matt.

See you there?

Roo
Dan-TXHills

Re: Members flying/Fly Ins

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Matt:

You will note at the bottom of JoinFs is a 'Thanks to the CIX VFR Club' - click on that. It will take you to their web site. This is a UK-based group that might be just what you are looking for.

JoinFS is an amazing connection utility and Peter has made huge advances in a very short period of time. More to come, I'm sure. Keep an eye on this site for other events and remember to watch for more information on the Christmas Group Flight that Roo mentioned. Some of the US-based groups are active in the afternoon hours (afternoon in the US time zones) which would provide an opportunity for you to do some flying in the evening hours UK time. I think by the time the Christmas flying event happens (gee - that's really not that far away, is it?) there will be others that are well on their way to having a big 'JoinFS presence' so like I said, keep an eye on this forum for more opportunities.

Dan