JoinFS: ME shown in Hexadecimal Format

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Fab10

JoinFS: ME shown in Hexadecimal Format

Post by Fab10 »

Hi,

I use XP11 and P3D4, and I have had no issues with V1.4.34 until today when my "Me" window which usually shows a jumbled version of the IP address is showing instead a hexadecimal representation of it (I think):

2a02:c7f:9e7f:9b00:2055:6237:f178:9ff

Whilst the simulator (XP11) connects, I cannot connect.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled JoinFS without success.

Also, I have trawled the registry and found that the "MyIp" section under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\...\JoinFS also shows weird number, so I removed this section as well as the users LOCAL JoinFS folder, then reinstalled, but this hexadecimal number reappears when relaunching JoinFS.

I'd obviously love to fix this, so I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
Fabio
PeterN

Re: JoinFS: ME shown in Hexadecimal Format

Post by PeterN »

Same issue here. It was working fine yesterday, today nothing. I can see from the list of hubs that some people are able to connect still.

Seems as though something is causing JoinFS to see the IPv6 address instead of the external IPv4 address, and sadly JoinFS does not understand IPv6. Perhaps those users who are connected don't have IPv6?
Fab10

Re: JoinFS: ME shown in Hexadecimal Format

Post by Fab10 »

Hi,
I double checked against other users in my group, and the setup was the same.
I too had a W10 update yesterday, but since I haven’t used JoinFS for a few days, I cannot say 100% if this was the culprit.
When in desperation I tried to reinstall the JoinFS required C++, it failed because a later version existed already.
The thing is that after this, JoinFS ran normally.
Essentially, I have no real idea what caused the problem, or what fixed it.
Fabio