Conclusions on VRS Tacpack testing

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Tisor

Conclusions on VRS Tacpack testing

Post by Tisor »

We've testing together with Diego the VRS Tacpack on JoinFS.

The conclusion is that the objects are correctly sent with the auto broadcast function... BUT! The models for the weapons are inside the Misc folder, so the guns, explosions, flares etc are replaced with the Unknown default model... Diego will provide video evidence for this.

So, first workaround we come around to keep testing the Tacpack compatibility: When scanning for objects, look at the Misc folder also. Structure is the same as the other aircrafts on the sim. With this, we can continue the testing on this matter.

Also, confirmed the Submarine error with another pilot. Once he changed to another aircraft, all worked. Same situation as this afternoon with Diego. So my guess is the correct move now for next version will be change the Submersible folder for the Misc folder, which make more sense for vehicles and so on (FSX@War compatibility)

Hope we can continue helping on this. Any further help you need don't hesitate to ask. Diego will be posting the video soon: F18s coming out from a F18... XD

Best regards!
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Conclusions on VRS Tacpack testing

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Tisor.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't publish the video showing bugs. While it is quite amusing, published videos tend to stay published and won't exactly help JoinFS in the future if people think that's what it does. Of course it's entirely up to you though, don't let me stop you :)

Fortunately, next on my list is to add folder selection to the Scan For Models window, so you'll be able to pick which folders get scanned, including the Misc folder.

Peter
marte21

Post by marte21 »

Perfect Peter. Thank you very much!

Diego
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:Thanks, Tisor.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't publish the video showing bugs. While it is quite amusing, published videos tend to stay published and won't exactly help JoinFS in the future if people think that's what it does. Of course it's entirely up to you though, don't let me stop you :)

Fortunately, next on my list is to add folder selection to the Scan For Models window, so you'll be able to pick which folders get scanned, including the Misc folder.

Peter
No problem then Peter, isn't a bug, you are still on an early development phase on this matter and we all will try to help you to get this up to work on a nice way.

Let's keep it up.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The latest version 1.0.13 allows you to specify the Misc folder during a scan so it should pick up all your TP weapon objects.

Regards,
Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:The latest version 1.0.13 allows you to specify the Misc folder during a scan so it should pick up all your TP weapon objects.

Regards,
Peter
Tested. Is not working. We scan the Misc folder but then the object doesn't show in Object Matching. So the objects still replaced with the default model.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ok, I'll take a look. I'm sure someone managed to get this working a few weeks ago.

Peter
marte21

Post by marte21 »

We also tested with Tacpack and vACMI. The difference between them is that vACMI weapons are considered airplanes, and TP objects are in MISC.

We inyected them using autobroadcast, but will all members having the same simobjects, scan done, etc, simobjects are substituted by generic airplanes, so we drop cessnas or hornets, and everythime we fire a sidewinder we get a cessna/hornet flying at mach 4 to hit the boogey

It is very surprising and more with respect to vACMI, because weapons are "airplanes". You can "fly" the ground blast or the Mk82, JoinFS is broadcasting them but not with the right simobject.

Any clue?

Thank you very much for your job!!

Diego
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Diego,

When you fire your weapon, try pausing the simulator and have a look at the JoinFS aircraft window. You should a 'Sim' owned object for the missile. Check the model name to see if it looks correct. If you are on viewing over the network, pause the simulator as well and you should see the missile as 'Network' owned. Have a look at the model name and try changing the model to see if you are able to change it to a missile object. This may give some hints as to what the problem is.

Peter
marte21

Post by marte21 »

We always fire with windowed mode, so we see how weapons are inyected. The pilot who fires always gets the right title name in aircraft window, but the other guys get a substituted plane, never the weapon. And the weapons are not in the substitution list. I think that this is the key. What is the program looking for when scanning? What is the criteria? just title?

Thank you!
marte21

Post by marte21 »

We have finally managed to get SSW vACMI bombs working! beta 0.16

The trick was delete an space in ui_variation = and make it ui_variation=

Thank you!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ah, good discovery! In 1.0.16 I added a check for 'title ='. I'll do the same thing with 'ui_variation =' in 1.0.17.

Thanks,
Peter