technical question on lua code and follow command, for JOINFS ADMINISTRATOR

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
fltbuff71

technical question on lua code and follow command, for JOINFS ADMINISTRATOR

Post by fltbuff71 »

I have an automated 12hop USA flight that has multiple AI planes (using freeware ai flight planner) and I want to keep AI visible so I need to keep my user aircraft near the AI group.

I thoght I could turn on fsuipc logging then use your joinfs follow to see what code copmmand is being used, NO LUCK there.

I did do it for super traffic board on their VIEW AI command as found that code and tested it, but viewing is not what I need, I need to place my aircraft behind on of the AI and do this multiple times during the flight to reposition my plane so AI stays visible (62 miles seem to be the limit)

I just love to program these so others can join and fly along with my AI and user plane(s)

So, if you can legally show me the LUA controls you use to do this, KOOL

?????????????????????????????
Peter
Site Admin

Re: technical question on lua code and follow command, for JOINFS ADMINISTRATOR

Post by Peter »

I'm not entirely sure what it is that you are asking. JoinFS doesn't use LUA in any way.

What happens when you don't stay with the AI aircraft? Do they not get updated in the simulator? What simulator are you using?

Peter
fltbuff71

Post by fltbuff71 »

Hi Peter, thanks for the quick response

I use FSX-SE Free Flight

I have a "user" plane (mine) that takes off from 1 airport KMCO, then lands and takes off , cruises, and lands from Kctl and KATL back to KMCO

I have aNOTHER SCENARIO i AM WORKING ON WITH 12 hops ACROSS usa WITH MAJOR LIGHTNING.

On each of these runs, I use AIFP3 (ver18) to schedule flights for MANY AI (about 30 planes), to accompany my plane (makes for a wild site to see)
see www.flywithai.weebly.com for pics

iSSUE IS THAT WHEN ai PLANES GET TOO FAR AWAY FROM MY USER PLANE, THEY DO NOT SHOW UP on JOINFS or supertraffic board

So, I was thinking if I could force a follow, from time to time, that would keep my user plane with the AI while in flight.

I can control keeping them closer on takeoff's with scheduling and other means, but once in the air and I get all 30 AI's up from Super traffic board, things go a bit loopy ...
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

I'm not familiar with most of the software you've mentioned but...

From what I've read you want AI traffic to be around you during your flight?
Or have I misunderstood?

If that is the case could you not set the flight plan of the AI to do what you are looking for?

That way they would always show.
fltbuff71

Post by fltbuff71 »

thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is what I want.

But the only control I have over the AI flight plan is from the AIFP program which sets up a direct route using the speeds set for the ai planes which I have set to the programmed speed of my automated flight, but since it takes a while to get 29 AI airborne, there are variables that seem to come into play that cause my plane to drop behind or get ahead of the AI.

Not critical, but just trying to glean as much out of the kool automation that I can (WAS IN dATA PROCESSING FOR 50 YEARS)

am i MISSING OTHER WAYS to control AI flight plans?
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Google AI flight planner.

The below might help.

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=aifp
fltbuff71

Post by fltbuff71 »

THANKS

That is the AIFP3 product I am already using.

I will play atround with scheduling and speeds to try to sync up my planes with ai flight planner's flight plans
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think I see what the problem is now. Just off the top of my head, have you tried entering the cockpit of one of the AI aircraft? (select the AI in the aircraft list, right-click, and choose Enter Cockpit). That should keep the user aircraft in position with your AI as long as they all remain within about 100nm of each other.

Peter
fltbuff71

Post by fltbuff71 »

ok I'll try that

Thank you