Global Session

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
randycomo

Global Session

Post by randycomo »

Can someone explain the purpose of the Global Session? Do not understand the purpose.

Thanks,
Randy
ATC Roo

Re: Global Session

Post by ATC Roo »

If you are flying solo (or in a group flight) and would like to see others passing by that you wouldn't normally.

If your group doesn't host a Hub.

If you are a good looking fella who enjoys acting as ATC and needs a single session in which to setup.

I see Global session as a known environment, where people can default to if they dont have a standard session to join.
A bit like a lobby.
Daikan

Post by Daikan »

I think what's creating a lot of confusion for many new users (myself included) is that there are multiple hubs that are running the same "Global Session".

Joining any of those hubs will get you into the same session (same users and aircraft). Hence, they can be regarded as different gateways to the same global session.

What's contributing to the confusion is that these "global hubs" might still differ (slightly) in user count, plane types and ATC service...
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
I'm not sure what's the reason for the differences in user count and plane types but I'm sure this can be explained in one way or another...
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Here's a wild guess, just a guess because I dont know.

9 users haven't connected to any hubs and have only ticked Global Session.
The correct way to join the Global Session (IMO).

Those servers with more than 9 users..
Include both the Global Session users and users that have joined that hub directly, not clicked the global tick box.

Just a very wild guess.