Broadcasting objects in X-Plane?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Daikan

Broadcasting objects in X-Plane?

Post by Daikan »

As per the title - is this supported in X-Plane at all? If so, how exactly?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Broadcasting objects in X-Plane?

Post by Peter »

Sorry for the delay in replying. Objects aren't currently supported. Hopefully the X-plane SDK allows for this. Any objects in particular that you wish to broadcast?

Peter
Daikan

Re: Broadcasting objects in X-Plane?

Post by Daikan »

For example, I was thinking about broadcasting custom objects that can be airlifted using helos... I thought it would be fun to teamwork on slingload missions, although AFAIK there is no built-in support for visualizing slung loads incl. proper physics on other aircraft than your own - not 100% sure though...

In single-player mode I've been using the x-hoist plugin which provides an extension to X-Plane's built-in slung load feature including animated pick-up and drop-off locations. Similarly, I thought it would have been nice to be able to broadcast at least the pickup/dropoff locations of slung objects in JoinFS...

In general, X-Plane's plugin SDK allows for placing custom objects and modifying their location and angles each frame. Many plugins do that including the famous GroundTraffic addon whose source code is available on Github.