ID and Password again

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DCA1161

ID and Password again

Post by DCA1161 »

Hi Peter,
Some time ago a request to be able to use a password for connecting to a server was put on the to do list. At that occasion I asked for the possibility to use an ID and password. At the moment P3Dv4 users of our airline (DC3 Airways) use an old version of vPilot + a proxy server to connect to our server. That works well, but vPilot does not pass on the weather provided by the server. Our airline is not willing to go over to JoinFS (I think that’s a pity), but if we could connect to our server using JoinFS the weather problem would be solved and we would have the benefit of other features of JoinFS, f.i. the recorder. Any change that this is going to happen someday (soon, I hope)?
Roy
Tisor

Re: ID and Password again

Post by Tisor »

DCA1161 wrote:Hi Peter,
Some time ago a request to be able to use a password for connecting to a server was put on the to do list. At that occasion I asked for the possibility to use an ID and password. At the moment P3Dv4 users of our airline (DC3 Airways) use an old version of vPilot + a proxy server to connect to our server. That works well, but vPilot does not pass on the weather provided by the server. Our airline is not willing to go over to JoinFS (I think that’s a pity), but if we could connect to our server using JoinFS the weather problem would be solved and we would have the benefit of other features of JoinFS, f.i. the recorder. Any change that this is going to happen someday (soon, I hope)?
Roy
How would you connect to a not JoinFS server?

Even with ID and Password, you cannot connect to a FSD Server (as far as I know, that's what vPilot do).

JoinFS uses its own server type which is that JoinFS does not requires a server (P2P arquitecture). So, even if you have a password you cannot do the same as vPilot.
DCA1161

Post by DCA1161 »

I’m not an expert, so I presume you are right. I use vPilot and a proxyserver to connect to our FSD server. If I also connect JoinFS to the Proxyserver the other aircraft do not show in the list aircraft, but they are listed in the monitor. That’s why I hoped that if joinFS had the posibility to use an ID and a password, I could connect to a FSD server with JoinFS and a proxyserver.
Roy
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

JOINFS will not connect to an FSD server (or proxy for an FSD server).
They are two different beasts.

Why does your group want a password Roy?
What do they think might happen without one?

If you all want the same weather in an FSD setup, you will need to configure the server to get the weather and then connect with a pilot client that can get that weather.

It's been a while since I looked but...
Vpilot doesn't get the weather.
FSINN/FSCOPILOT will.

The MSFlights Simlink server supports weather if you wanted to test.
DCA1161

Post by DCA1161 »

About password, I don’t know. Maybe for the same reason Vatsim uses a password. I am not in control of the FSD server.
FSInn and Copilot does not work with P3Dv4.2, that’s why we use an old version of vPilot with a proxyserver and that combination does not pass on the server weather. That’s one of the reasons I brought up this subjet. We use an old version of vPilot because only that version is able to connect to a proxyserver. If anyone knows another way to connect P3D version 4 to a FSD server, plaese let me know. We tried more than one weather programs, but we keep getting different weather. Thanks for the replies.
Roy