Pilot can't see others [SOLVED]

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
MartinCANCoast

Pilot can't see others [SOLVED]

Post by MartinCANCoast »

I have a new pilot. He has port 6112 forwared, he's using FSX-SE and FSUIPC Current version for FSX-SE. He can be seen by others no matter what platform they're using (FSX/P3D/XPlane) but he sees nobody at all. Just joined us last week. Problem exists in both 1.4.3 and 1.4.9 Stable versions. I checked his settings using Teamviewer and they are the same as mine.

Any suggestions....newer version of Simconnect Maybe? I'm currently at a loss.
Last edited by MartinCANCoast on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Pilot can't see others

Post by Peter »

Has he scanned for model correctly? Does anything show in the aircraft list? Does he have both green buttons on the main JoinFS window?

Peter
MartinCANCoast

Post by MartinCANCoast »

Hi Peter
Yes I was on teamviewer with him when he set it up. Scanned for models, OK. Both lights are green, he sees others in the aircraft list and they are green and in the last case it showed my aircraft at .01nm from his position. I and others see his aircraft. When I was on teamviewer with him I was watching on his system while I had my sim up. I could see him on my system but no sign of my aircraft on his. He is using Windows 7 Home and the only Anti-Virus software he's using is MSE, which is not blocking his connection.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Can he see the traffic listed when he right-clicks in the main simulator window to bring up the simulator menu. It should list the traffic in there, which can be selected to change the view to that aircraft.

Anything odd in the View|Monitor window in JoinFS?

Peter
MartinCANCoast

Post by MartinCANCoast »

Everything appeared to be as it should. Today we did a test again after checking his settings again, running the Scan for Models and Edit model matching. Changed a few things there trying to use only default aircraft. The we both logged in and it was working for him. No idea what was different except we used only default aircraft for model matching. Problem solved (fingers crossed).

Thanks for your help Peter.