Connection to Group Server

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
ervski

Connection to Group Server

Post by ervski »

Had to re-install win 10 in P3Dv4 dedicated computer. Issue is JoinFS will not connected with my group server (6465), other members connect; network shows organge, monitor shows "Joining network". However, I am able to connect & fly with many other Hub servers. I have an old FSX computer that connects with group server.
Open router ports for P3Dv4 computer, no results. No ports open for old FSX computer - it works.
Any thoughts appreciated. At this point, out of ideas. Thanks much.

ervski
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Connection to Group Server

Post by Peter »

Are you sure you have the same version of JoinFS as the one running on the server? 1.4.3 is not compatible with 1.4.8.

Peter
ervski

Post by ervski »

A check this a.m. indicated we are all on 1.4.3 including server. Very strange to connect with all indicated hubs. Is there some other config file I need to check on my computer? Firewall is open for JoinFS, runs as admin too. Any additional thoughts appreciated. Tks.

erv
ervski

Post by ervski »

An interesting note for me, only way to connect with todays flight (five members) was to connect with one of the members. Excellent flight for over an hour, no issues. Still not able to connect with the server. LOL
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Is the server on your own local network? If so you can't connect via the external IP, you need to specify the local IP address of the server, e.g. 192.168.0.2.

Peter
ervski

Post by ervski »

No local network. Server is located in UK, I am US. Have work around right now by joining another member of group connected to server, I will continue working this issue. If I come up with cause, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your input and great product.

erv
ervski

Post by ervski »

O.K., I have egg on face. After a total review of installing & adjusting JoinFS, I put spaces in the address which solved problem. Once again I learned details make a difference.

Thanks again for inputs.

erv