How to delete default models

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
fl95

How to delete default models

Post by fl95 »

Hi,
how can I delete ALL default models, that I get the question again from JoinFS, like I start it for the first time ?
CU, Achim
Peter
Site Admin

Re: How to delete default models

Post by Peter »

Hi,

The correct way is from the menu, 'File|Edit Model Matching'. Select each default entry and click the 'Substitute' button.

Please note that there is currently a bug which adds multiple entries into the table in that window. I'll fix this in the next version.

If you want to force the startup questions to show again, then do this:

1. Close JoinFS
2. Edit the file '\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\JoinFS\matching <simulator>.txt'
3. Remove the 'Default...' entries.
4. Save the file.
5. Run JoinFS.

Peter
spokes2112

Post by spokes2112 »

Hi Peter,

Well, it sucks that initial tests with 1.4.4 aren't turning out as wished. Hoping to get the "boys" together tomorrow for a tightly scripted test session.

An idea for you - could it be possible to have a "clear substitutions" button or file menu? Maybe even an option to clean on exit. I realize, for me, maybe not for others, is to just to go there and delete the entries from the bottom up to the default entries. (I delete them after every session) One good use for this is groups that change aircraft types or repaints every session where, at first, you may not have a aircraft or repaint then later on you do.

I have a feeling that some in our group are getting mismatches because their substitution list is quite cluttered .

Another example is while doing some of the latest testing (mixture). In order to have a "sterile" environment for tests, the subjects need to be in a non-offending aircraft that is in their hangar then one of them substitutes, not their own ship, but one of the others in the session, to an offending aircraft. Now that substitution becomes a bad one.

I realize that one could re-substitute the initial bad sub back to what it is supposed to be but in the end the list becomes cluttered again.
Just ideas is all.

BTW - Are you planning on making the t-shirts for sale? I would bid on the medium but there is no way it would wrap around the "beer gut". :lol:

Cheers,
Roman
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

spokes2112 wrote: Well, it sucks that initial tests with 1.4.4 aren't turning out as wished. Hoping to get the "boys" together tomorrow for a tightly scripted test session.
Indeed. I'm going to completely remove all updates on the network aircraft that use the event system, and instead use variable updates. In fact, that's what JoinFS used to do about 8 months before I changed to the new method. To me, it makes sense that would fix it, but you just never know with these things!

Good idea about the subs. I'll add an option in settings and a button on the edit window.

Another change that will also improve this, is an automated model scan every time you run JoinFS. With the number of times people, including myself, have forgotten to do a scan it would make sense just to automate it and pick up any new add-ons.
spokes2112 wrote: I have a feeling that some in our group are getting mismatches because their substitution list is quite cluttered .
There is a bug in the current version which lists the same subs multiple times in the edit window, but your point is still a valid one.
spokes2112 wrote: BTW - Are you planning on making the t-shirts for sale? I would bid on the medium but there is no way it would wrap around the "beer gut". :lol:
Ha. I thought it might be a limited market. :) Not sure I want to get into the merchandising business. Although it did work for G. Lucas...

Peter