Vatsim and JoinFS - How to?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
RCFlyer

Vatsim and JoinFS - How to?

Post by RCFlyer »

I have seen some discussion concerning using Vatsim and JoinFS together. I don't understand how to do that. Ifly with a VA that uses Vatsim. Vatsim Vpilot has a problem model matching flyable helicopters while JoinFS works very well. So, could someone detail how one would use JoinFS and Vatsim (Vpilot) together?

Thanks,

Danny
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Vatsim and JoinFS - How to?

Post by Peter »

The idea is that you have vPilot connected as normal and you also connect with JoinFS to the group of people that you want to fly with. The problem that arises is that you then have duplicated aircraft. One of them is managed by JoinFS and the other by vPilot. You can then use the JoinFS 'ignore' feature to hide the vPilot copy of an aircraft in the aircraft list, so that you see your group updated in real time and everyone is also connected to VATSIM.

However, the ignore method doesn't work very well at the moment because the VATSIM aircraft regularly appears briefly as it gets updated before JoinFS can hide it again, which can be annoying. It does need a bit more work.

Peter
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

I see. So, one is connected to two servers, VATSIM through Vpilot, and a JoinFS server via JoinFS. One will see aircraft from both servers. So I need to identify and "ignore" the Vpilot duplicates. Which program, Vpilot or JoinFS, control model matching? I would prefer JoinFS have the model matching control in that it does a much better job for helicopters.

Danny
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

RCFlyer wrote:Which program, Vpilot or JoinFS, control model matching?
They are both separate. The aircraft injected by JoinFS will be using the JoinFS model matching and the aircraft injected by vPilot will be using the vPilot model matching.

Peter
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

Ok. So, the aircraft I will see will be the ones that are from JoinFS and Vpilot, except for the duplicates which I have told JoinFS to ignore. Hmmm, certainly not the cleanest situation.

I think I understand now. Thanks.

Danny