JoinFS v1.3.0

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
caleb

JoinFS v1.3.0

Post by caleb »

When it is said "This means that there will be ongoing daily development and support up until the Christmas holiday 2017." in the "Development status now active thread here: http://www.pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=483, does this mean that all versions mentioned in that thread (including the one with X-Plane support) are going to be released before Christmas? Or does it mean that the development status will no longer be active at Christmas and whatever gets released before then gets released before then and whatever doesn't doesn't?

Thanks in advance.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS v1.3.0

Post by Peter »

Hi,

It means that it is my intention to get 1.3.0, with X-Plane support, out before the holiday but I certainly can't guarantee it. I've now finished clearing off those important changes which takes us to 1.2.10 (stable to be released on Monday). So I've basically got two months clear to do X-Plane support. Barring any major implementation issues, it should be doable. Originally, it barely took a week to get something going on FSX, but as you can imagine the X-Plane implementation will be very different.

I hope that's a fair enough answer.

Peter
caleb

Post by caleb »

Thanks Peter.

That is a fair answer. I understand.

One more question: Will v1.3.0 have support for Macs? Since X-Plane is compatible with Macs, and if JoinFS is compatible with X-Plane, then I would suppose that JoinFS would work with Macs? Or will JoinFS only work with the windows version of X-Plane?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

caleb wrote: One more question: Will v1.3.0 have support for Macs? Since X-Plane is compatible with Macs, and if JoinFS is compatible with X-Plane, then I would suppose that JoinFS would work with Macs? Or will JoinFS only work with the windows version of X-Plane?
Very good question. But for this version it will be Windows only. Getting JoinFS onto the Mac is a whole different ball game. Perhaps there is shortcut to porting Windows applications to MacOS, in a similar way to using Wine on Linux. I have no experience with Mac development so this really would be a much longer term goal for JoinFS. In fact it is already on the to-do list under the 'worth further consideration' section.

Peter
caleb

Post by caleb »

Thanks for the reply. I understand now. Thanks for all the information.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

As Peter has said..
JoinFS does run under wine.
I run JoinFS on a Linux machine along with Euroscope.

Wine can run on a Mac.

So although I've never tried (sorry I'm anti Apple), in theory JoinFS will run on a Mac.

I found this if you wanted to try and run the current JoinFS.
www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
caleb

Post by caleb »

Ok. Thanks for that tutorial. I'm sure I could find that useful.
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

hey Peter,.
Just some feed back on 1.3.0. Several other pilot and myself are experiencing seeing other multi-players aircraft tilted 45 degrees while in flights. This is occuring in P3D V4. :o
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Does the tilt problem happen under 1.2.10? I assume they have both 1.2.10 stable and 1.3.0 test installed at the moment.

Peter
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

I didn't remember it happening in 1.2.10 we're doing more testing today.
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

hi Peter, Version 1.3.1 having the same issues with carenado aircraft again. just the engine shutdowns when someone else joins the session. so far the 45 degree list has not returned. first test only, will test morre tomorrow. :D
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, the engine shutdown problem is now top priority.

Peter