Hub not showing up

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
blue_ice

Hub not showing up

Post by blue_ice »

Hi,

I've been using JoinFs for some time using direct connection with no issue but i've never used the hub option before. I seem to be having problems getting my hub to show in the hub list, I've setup port forwarding for the pc running Joinfs and even tried turning off windows firewall incase that was blocking it. Does anyone some idea's what maybe stopping it from showing up?
regards

Darren
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Hub not showing up

Post by Peter »

Hi Darren,

is it showing up in the hub list of the hub client itself? And are you checking the hub list on a PC on a different network? It will take several minutes for a hub to show up in everyone's list.

Peter
blue_ice

Post by blue_ice »

Hi Peter,

Yes its showing up in the client on the host pc, I've had a couple of people say they've tried to finding it last night but couldn't see it on the list. I have tried to find it with another pc on the same network but having read other posts i understand it may not show up if on the same network.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Could you send me a PM with the IP address and I'll check it out?

Peter
blue_ice

Post by blue_ice »

PM sent thanks
BearAir

Post by BearAir »

As an off chance this might help the OP or someone else I have found a work around for when this happens to me.

My IP is dynamic. Which means if the electricity goes out, or the cat unplugs the router, when it reconnects my IP has changed.
Since I have "Enable Hub Mode" checked it does not automatically update to my new IP external address. Manually changing it to the new address doesn't seem to let it show in the hub list.
To fix this you need for JoinFS to auto fill the address bar.
1. Uncheck "Enable Hub Mode"
2. Delete the contents of the address field.
3. On the main form of JoinFS disconnect from the network. (Network button status red)
4. Restart JoinFS and check the "Enable Hub Mode"

This should populate the address field with the proper IP address and make you visible to the network.
FireRx

Post by FireRx »

Peter,
I don't see anything in the hubs on !.2.8 at all. I can connect to my network. but cannot see anyone elses., :cry:
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

1.2.8 is completely incompatible with previous versions so you won't see any hubs still on 1.2.7.

As well as that, I've just discovered two separate problems with the hub propagation, which I'm just fixing. I expect there will be a new test version tomorrow with those issues fixed.

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

I have enabled hub mode under name weflyfsx-va.com but it's not showing in the list of hubs for members but yet they can connect to it by bookmark what am I doing wrong we are using latest test version
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

vbegin7 wrote:I have enabled hub mode under name weflyfsx-va.com but it's not showing in the list of hubs for members but yet they can connect to it by bookmark what am I doing wrong we are using latest test version
You may need to wait several minutes for it to fully propagate.

You'll definitely need to enable port forwarding correctly on your router for it to work. Have you done that already? Has to be UDP-only to the machine that your hub is running on.

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

All the ports are open and the node ran on hub for a week and didn't ever show in the list
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

All the ports are open? But how does your router know where to send data on the JoinFS port?

You need to configure your router as follows, assuming port 6112:

Port forward 6112, UDP only, to 192.168.0.x (the IP address of your JoinFS client)

That should work.

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

When I said all the ports that's what I meant I have 6112 UDP open to that computer connections are fine without the port no one would connect at all with port they connect it just doesn't show in hubs that my only problem
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

In the JoinFS settings, do you have your public IP address in the hub 'Address' option? It should match the one in the 'Me' box.

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

It's the same as the one in the me box
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Does your 'Me' address end in 194?

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

Nope 916
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Oh well, it's not that one then.

On the main JoinFS window, is the top right button disabled with the word 'Hub' in it?

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

yes
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Could you send me the address via a PM, please.

Peter