Server mode?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
vgbaron

Server mode?

Post by vgbaron »

Hi - I have a web server set up for myself and a few friends to fly multiplayer. We started using FSHost as a server, connecting to it with the client. I'm switching to P3DV4 and it will not connect with FSHost which, IIRC uses the old DirectPlay code.

I've just heard about FSJoin so I haven't had time to RTFM fully but have a question.

Can I set up FSJoin as a server on my system and have the others connect ? I see mention of pubic servers which is not really what I want except for a few friends.

I'll start reading the manual tonight but appreciate any guidance.

Thank you,

Vic Baron
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Server mode?

Post by Peter »

Hi Vic,

Don't use hub mode as you are right, that's for public servers. You just need to let others know you external IP address and the port you are using so they can add your server to their JoinFS bookmarks.

I think there is a post on this forum which explains how to do it if you don't have a static external IP. I think there is a website that allows you to do it.

Peter
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Peter wrote:Hi Vic,

Don't use hub mode as you are right, that's for public servers. You just need to let others know you external IP address and the port you are using so they can add your server to their JoinFS bookmarks.

I think there is a post on this forum which explains how to do it if you don't have a static external IP. I think there is a website that allows you to do it.

Peter
Or you can feel free to use ours.
its up as a permanent hub and is empty more than its occupied.
What chance that, on a planet this size, that you group would want to fly where our group is at the same time?

Ip for our hub is 52.53.96.50 port 6112
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Thanx Grumpy! We may take you up on it.

Have a great day!