recorder

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DCA1161

recorder

Post by DCA1161 »

Peter, has something happend to the recorder. Have not used it for a while, but now if I make a recording and play it pack I see nothing. I must do something wrong.
Roy
Peter
Site Admin

Re: recorder

Post by Peter »

Hi Roy,

Which version are you using?

It should be working fine. So if you record a 10 second clip of your aircraft taxiing, then stop the recording and play it back, are you able to see a second aircraft retracing your path? From the menu, open the View|Aircraft list. Do you see the recorded aircraft in that list? If so, is there any model substitution going on? Also try opening the View|Monitor window and look for any errors or warnings in the text output.

Hope that helps.
Peter
DCA1161

Post by DCA1161 »

Latest version, stable and test. The monitor gave an error. It was unable to visualise the plane I was using. When I changed planes the recorder worked fine. Thanks for your help. I will have a look at this plane, that messed things up.
Roy
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If it's a new plane that you've got you may need to scan for models again. 'File|Scan For Models'.

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

And, if it's a new plane even if you then scanned for models I have found that if you do not restart FSX after installing the plane then you will not see it.

Dan
DCA1161

Post by DCA1161 »

Peter, I have got it solved. The title in the aircraft.cfg was to long. I shorted it and now it runs fine.
Roy
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ah, well done, Roy. JoinFS should be able to handle a title up to 256 characters.

Peter