Injection of planes between FSD and JoinFS (mixed network)

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
picnic

Injection of planes between FSD and JoinFS (mixed network)

Post by picnic »

Very impressed with what you've done here Peter :) Great work.

I fly with a group that has it's own dedicated FSD based server but we have virtual pilots who insist on using XPlane or FS9 :roll: :lol: so no global switch to joinFS for now. So I was playing last night trying to see if the broadcast feature would allow me to all see aircraft in each network. One PC was connected to both networks (it was the joinFS host but I don't think that makes a difference), one PC connected to the FSD server with vPilot and another PC to just the joinFS host. By ticking the Broadcast for the FSD based aircraft the joinFS client could see all aircraft but I couldn't get the system to work the other way around.

Is there a way to mirror the aircraft through to both servers that I'm missing or is this something you might consider in a future version of joinFS?

Thanks a million for this tool.
ATC Roo

Re: Injection of planes between FSD and JoinFS (mixed network)

Post by ATC Roo »

Your FSD pilot client would need to be able to inject all traffic from your sim into the FSD server Picnic.

I've looked at the same thing but there is no such feature in any of the FSD clients that I know of.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

picnic wrote: Thanks a million for this tool.
No worries ;) I wish I had done it years ago though. :)

As Roo says it doesn't seem quite possible at the moment. Perhaps one day JoinFS will support X-Plane and FS9, we'll have to see how it goes.

Peter
picnic

Post by picnic »

Understood, thanks for the replies chaps.