Will there be X-Plane compatibility?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
MartinCANCoast

Will there be X-Plane compatibility?

Post by MartinCANCoast »

Just wondering if X-Plane compatibility will be a feature added in the future. I have several VA pilots who prefer X-Plane to any of the MSFS variants. So looking here for a ray of Xplane sunshine ;)
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Will there be X-Plane compatibility?

Post by Peter »

Hi Martin,

You won't be surprised that you're not the first one to ask that. :)

At one point it was on the todo list, however I decided to remove it as it appeared unlikely at the time and I didn't want to get too many hopes up. But since then I found it may well be possible through the X-Plane plugin system. So it's something that I will look at, probably later in the year. I agree it would be a nice addition and would complete the set as it were.

Peter
MartinCANCoast

Post by MartinCANCoast »

Thanks Peter
We'll keep an eye on the forums for any announcement and won't bug you about it.
HC447LO*SP*David

Post by HC447LO*SP*David »

hi Peter , I was hoping it would be sooner rather than later as X PLANE 11 Has now arrived ? :roll:
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

HC447LO*SP*David wrote:hi Peter , I was hoping it would be sooner rather than later as X PLANE 11 Has now arrived ? :roll:
My main priority at the moment is to get JoinFS stable and bug-free as possible. I agree that it would be great to include more simulators into this cross-platform solution, so I'll definitely be looking into X-Plane as soon as possible.

Peter
HC447LO*SP*David

Post by HC447LO*SP*David »

Hi Peter , thanks for your reply. Iv'e been asked if FlightGear UK will be able to use joinFS in the future please ?