FSX and P3D in one session

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
fsgg

FSX and P3D in one session

Post by fsgg »

Hi, thanks for creating joinFS, because it is a great program for the FS community. In our club we have tried joinFS 1.021 for creating sessions for our members. We succeeded in making sessions, but we have the a problem when a FSX and P3D together joining the session. Allthough they have in their map airplanes of their FSX and P3D exact the same collection aircraft and they did run : "Scan for models" both , they only see the other plane as the plane they put in the "Edit model matching" as the replaced model. Is this normal ?
Joop, FSGG
Peter
Site Admin

Re: FSX and P3D in one session

Post by Peter »

Hi,

If you have a substitution listed in "Edit model matching" for an aircraft then it will always show the replacement model and not the original model. If you want to show the original model instead then you need to remove that substitution, which you can do by clicking the Remove button on the "Edit model matching" window.

Help that helps,
Peter
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Thanks Peter,

we will try that

Joop
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Unfortunately the "remove" button stays gray and the "select model to be repalced" stays on "default"

Joop
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If you click on the box at the top of the window, you can select a different model other than the default. The Remove button will then be enabled.

If you only have default in the list then that means you don't currently have any model substitutions active.

Peter
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

I only see the word "default" in that little window , allthough I had run "scan for models" and have 501 differente airplanes. So i don't have any idea what to do next,
Joop
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

When I click on the Arrow in the "default" spot , I still see only the word "default"
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

To add a substituted model you need to be in the same session that has an aircraft that you want to change the model for. For example, if you join a session that has 737 model that you don't own. It will initially show in the simulator as your chosen default aircraft. All you need to do is select the aircraft in the aircraft list and click on the Substitute button. You can then select the type and variation of the replacement model. That substitution will then appear in the Model Matching window for future reference or alteration.

Let me know if that's still doesn't answer your question.

Peter
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Hi Peter, thanks for your answer. But this will continue next week.
You hear from me then. nice weekend

Joop
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Sometimes it is working and sometimes not , We keep on checking
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Peter,
We could create a server session and P3D and FSX both could made connections with 1.021, but after installing the new version 1.1.2 as a client , I couldn't connect with the server anymore. Must the server have the new version as well ? Must all users use updated versions ?

Joop
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Joop,

yes, I'm afraid these versions are incompatible. At some point I'll make this a bit more user friendly with a suitable message, but this should happen less and less as time goes on and the code settles down.

Peter
fsgg

Post by fsgg »

Hi Peter ,
Thanks,
After installing de new joinFS version 1.1.2 as server , it's working again.

Joop