Cannot see me

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Eagle_Driver

Cannot see me

Post by Eagle_Driver »

Have just regressed back to P3D v3 after 2020 hiccups. I am running the Joinfs for FSX and my 2020 friends, the 2020 version. I can see them perfectly in sim but they cannot see me, though we are all visible on LNM. Is this a 2020 bug, in that it is obviously getting the position info from my aircraft?

Cracking program tho' and has been getting better and better over the years we've used it - thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Cannot see me

Post by Peter »

A bit strange that they can see you on LNM, but not in the sim because LNM is getting the data from the sim. Can I just check that they are NOT using the whazzup.txt to get the data into LNM?

Does your aircraft appear in their JoinFS aircraft window?

In the monitor window, can they see any injection errors showing up?

If you are in their aircraft window, what is your 'original model' and 'substitute model'. Do they have the substitute model installed?

Peter
Eagle_Driver

Post by Eagle_Driver »

Not exactly sure what happened but everything is working fine today. I grabbed a log file but it doesn't show anything untoward and we all show up on each others sims. Perhaps it just took a windows reboot?
Sorry to have bothered you. I owe you another coffee
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Eagle_Driver wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:07 am Not exactly sure what happened but everything is working fine today. I grabbed a log file but it doesn't show anything untoward and we all show up on each others sims. Perhaps it just took a windows reboot?
Sorry to have bothered you. I owe you another coffee
No worries! There does still appear to be a couple of outstanding connection issues that crop up occasionally. Ideally I would like to get everything totally robust, so please keep an eye out for any persistent problems.

In general, when something like this happens I would suggest clicking the simulator button twice and then the network button twice. Often this re-connection procedure fixes it. If there is still an issue after doing that then it's something more serious.

Peter