JoinFS AI Aircraft

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Skyoots

JoinFS AI Aircraft

Post by Skyoots »

Do I have to set the specific AI Aircraft model to what model me and my friend are going to use when we share cockpit? or does it not matter I just add any AI aircraft and JoinFS changes it to whatever our correct models are?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS AI Aircraft

Post by Peter »

Skyoots wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:43 am Do I have to set the specific AI Aircraft model to what model me and my friend are going to use when we share cockpit? or does it not matter I just add any AI aircraft and JoinFS changes it to whatever our correct models are?
Yes, JoinFS just changes it to whatever is being injected. It's just the number of AI aircraft that is important.

If you are doing shared cockpit it may not even matter if you any AI aircraft because you just select the other person in the JoinFS aircraft list and choose Enter Cockpit. Your aircraft will then move to the target location and replace the entered aircraft.

Peter
Skyoots

Post by Skyoots »

Thanks! also is it necessary to set the configurations like the txt files for the shared cockpit because I find it difficult to understand or could we probably try just hopping on and try sharing cockpits?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Skyoots wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:41 am Thanks! also is it necessary to set the configurations like the txt files for the shared cockpit because I find it difficult to understand or could we probably try just hopping on and try sharing cockpits?
You can just hop on together. You get the best results if you both have the same aircraft, but it should still work well if both aircraft are the same type. All the text file configuration should default to your aircraft type so you don't need to worry about that. It's only if you want to add extra functionality or have more unusual aircraft.

Peter