Shared Cockpit in xplane 11

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
AssassinXPQ

Shared Cockpit in xplane 11

Post by AssassinXPQ »

Me and my mate are using joinfs shared cockpit. We got connected however, we spwan into each other. How do we fix this?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared Cockpit in xplane 11

Post by Peter »

Hi,

did you spawn into each other because you were both at the same parking spot to start with, or was it when you selected Enter Cockpit?

I'm just in the middle of setting up a second PC here so that I can start testing things again. But I'm sure it does work in X-Plane.

Just a thought, do you have collision and crashing enabled. It's best to turn that off for these situations. That may be the cause, because it move you to the same location just before it has a chance to remove the other aircraft from the simulator.

Peter
RotorRick

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
Most of the time I observe this behavior. We begin a shared cockpit session and see a "doubled" aircraft. Once moving one of them falls behind. Like...taxi a bit and it's behind you.

It IS weird though. X-plane to x-plane.

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It's to do with the way it reuses the AI aircraft in X-Plane. Once it releases the AI aircraft, rather than cleanup, it just lingers as a normal AI aircraft. I am half way through changing it to use instance rendering in X-Plane. It kind of works, but I was having some issues with animations etc. Hopefully I can get it working well enough. Then AI will no longer be required at all.

Peter
RotorRick

Post by RotorRick »

That is amazing news Peter.

If you need testing, let me know.

Rick