JoinFS and X-Plane Vulkan 11.50b9

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
MFD529

JoinFS and X-Plane Vulkan 11.50b9

Post by MFD529 »

I have a general question regarding how Laminar made a change to their TCAS feature. Plugins that create multiplayer aircraft can publish their aircraft to TCAS. Now with 11.50b9 I am getting a message from another application plugin (Traffic Global beta) that is declaring that "Traffic Global TCAS is being blocked by JoinFS" I am wondering if there will be a future update to JoinFS to handle the new strategy? Thank you in advance for a wonderful plugin. :-)

Perhaps this info might be useful - Calling XPLMAcquirePlanes, in both 11.41 and 11.50+, immediately blocks all other plugins that want to use them and JoinFS is doing it on startup before the sim's even fully launched. It should only try to do that if it's connected and on the point of placing aircraft.

Thank you again for any help you can provide
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS and X-Plane Vulkan 11.50b9

Post by Peter »

Thanks for that. As far as I'm aware X-Plane still maintains the policy that only one plugin can access the aircraft at once. And the plugin that gets them is the first one in the list. The JoinFS plugin, if running, will always attempt to acquire the aircraft. So if you wish to have another plugin get access you need to disable the JoinFS plugin first. I usually do this before running X-Plane, using xOrganiser.

Peter