abri.k

Re: No public hubs

Post by abri.k »

Thanks bud ROCKSTAR!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

abri.k wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:32 pm Thanks bud ROCKSTAR!
Thanks for helping to resolve the issue.

Just to conclude the thread for future reference. Two issues were identified. The first is that a handful of hubs were not accessible at all over the network from that location for some unknown reason. Connections to my machine and all other hubs worked fine. A somewhat unusual case of certain IP addresses simply being unaccessible (possibly ISP or region related). The second issue was that there were only two hubs listed in the 'seed' list. This has been increased to include some of the hubs that were available.

Peter
rmaure06

Post by rmaure06 »

Good morning,

I'm having the same issue as him, nothing shows up in Public Hubs and the Network button stays orange

Any idea ? I can join the discord if needed

Thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

In case anyone else is experiencing these kind of connection problems, rmaure06 and I have managed to find a work around.

Uninstall JoinFS from Windows.
Install an older version such as v2.1.3.
Then install the latest version.

Not sure why that fixed it, but it worked.

Peter
U-Turn

Post by U-Turn »

Hello Peter,
I am having the same problem....
I have done all the items mentioned including installing a older version....still no hubs. I have double checked the firewall, I have internet on the computer, JoinFS sees the sim (entry in the log). I have had Norm (the canadian....and my friend from MistyFlyingClub) help me all afternoon and still nothing. I have tried the IP address and aviator.digitalthemepark.com and unless I am putting it in, in the wrong place....still nothing. Running windows 10.....any Ideas, or should we have a discord session....Or???
Thanks in advance,
Henry
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

U-Turn wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 pm Hello Peter,
I am having the same problem....
I have done all the items mentioned including installing a older version....still no hubs. I have double checked the firewall, I have internet on the computer, JoinFS sees the sim (entry in the log). I have had Norm (the canadian....and my friend from MistyFlyingClub) help me all afternoon and still nothing. I have tried the IP address and aviator.digitalthemepark.com and unless I am putting it in, in the wrong place....still nothing. Running windows 10.....any Ideas, or should we have a discord session....Or???
Thanks in advance,
Henry
Hi Henry,

this seems to be affecting a few people. Could you ping me on Discord? I should be available for the next few hours.

Peter
DEMON702

Post by DEMON702 »

was a fix ever found for this ? i too have just started having this issue in version 3.0.3 ,i did a uninstall then a install of version 3.0 still ,no hubs . version 1.4.31 works and we can connect using it but its a much older version . i think it might have something to do with the type of IP address. on the older version where the display reads ME my ip address is different than the new version and i am unable to change. i
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DEMON702 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:11 am was a fix ever found for this ? i too have just started having this issue in version 3.0.3 ,i did a uninstall then a install of version 3.0 still ,no hubs . version 1.4.31 works and we can connect using it but its a much older version . i think it might have something to do with the type of IP address. on the older version where the display reads ME my ip address is different than the new version and i am unable to change. i
The ME address isn't actually the IP address. The reason the old version was different is because that was based on an obscured IP address, whereas the new one is a random unique address for that machine.

Are you sure you can see all the hubs with 1.4.31? That version should be completely incompatible with the 3.x.x.

There is another reason that I can see which might be related. The other day I modified the seed hub list, but as of today none of those seed hubs are currently online (for me anyway), so I will update the list this afternoon which might fix the problem for you. Normally the hub list is stored on in the JoinFS local files so it shouldn't need the seed list to repopulate. Maybe there is related problem there.

Is it the case that you upgraded to 3.0.3 and the hub list just suddenly disappeared on that machine?

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I have just updated the hub seed list. Could you try again and see if you get the same results?

Peter
DEMON702

Post by DEMON702 »

that fixed it thanks all is well
DEMON702

Post by DEMON702 »

now how can we give tacan frequencies to carriers ?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DEMON702 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:20 pm now how can we give tacan frequencies to carriers ?
Could you post this as a different topic, thanks.

Peter