Shared Cockpit Locked Brakes

Report problems with JoinFS.
Bryan P

Shared Cockpit Locked Brakes

Post by Bryan P »

Hello All,
I apologize if this has been answered already, but I can't seem to find a solution. My friend and I are trying to share a cockpit which seems to work initially, but when he hands controls over to me I can't turn off the brakes. I'm able to release brakes when I'm in my own sim session, but when we're in the shared cockpit environment and controls are handed over I can't turn them off.

Also with regard to handing over controls and allowing cockpit access, how do I allow cockpit access to a specific user without "allowing everyone cockpit entry?"

Many of the forums that I've found point to JoinFS as the bridge to make the shared cockpit environment work. I've also noticed Prepar3d has a "Multiplayer" feature which doesn't seem usable online. Does anyone know if Prepar3d's native multiplayer function works online and if so please explain how.

Please help.

Both my friend and I are running windows 10.
I have Prepar3d v4
He has Prepar3d v3
We both have JoinFS v 1.4.34

Thank you in advance,
Bryan
skelsey

Re: Shared Cockpit Locked Brakes

Post by skelsey »

Hi Bryan,

We have noticed that this seems to be an issue with the later versions of JoinFS and where one (or both) users are using a keyboard or joystick button for brakes as opposed to pedals/a joystick axis.

Solutions:

1) Use an earlier version of JoinFS (1.4.3 does not seem to suffer from this affliction although there are some other problems!)

2) Assign a joystick axis/pedals to the brakes.

Hope that helps!