(P3D4.5) Carenado aircraft engines shutdown.

Report problems with JoinFS.
Mitsos-wu

(P3D4.5) Carenado aircraft engines shutdown.

Post by Mitsos-wu »

Hello there, I was flying yesterday with a friend, in which he also was using P3D4. We loged into
the "global session" ... he was flying the PMDG 777 and I was flying the carenado Phenom100.
During the whole flight, my friend with the PMDG had NO problems at all !! And of course we could see each other with no problems, no latencies.
.... BUT ...
from the start of this session my aircraft, during the WHOLE flight, my aircraft was having issues with the engines going off ... randomly.
I don't know man, well maybe not randomly but, maybe it could be other players login in in that moment ...
I literally pressed (control+E) to get my engines back up like ..... 13 times or something, :? yeah .. was a long flight you know.

i was thinking that Peter, ( the creator of Joinfs) posted that, this issue was fixed somehow few months ago.
and please correct me if i'm wrong. I think the problem still occurs. I am gonna try some other propeller aircrafts (not carenado ones)
to see if this is still happening, and update this post later on.
When i fly with my PMDG aircrafts i don't have these kind of issues..... could this be that i am still using windows7 and all of my
friends are on windows10 ? Could THIS difference, make these kind of problems ?.. am not a developer, don't really know the answer :geek: ..

Kind regards :) ... Dimitri
TexxasAl

Re: (P3D4.5) Carenado aircraft engines shutdown.

Post by TexxasAl »

Mitsos-wu wrote:Hello there, I was flying yesterday with a friend, in which he also was using P3D4. We loged into
the "global session" ... he was flying the PMDG 777 and I was flying the carenado Phenom100.
During the whole flight, my friend with the PMDG had NO problems at all !! And of course we could see each other with no problems, no latencies.
.... BUT ...
from the start of this session my aircraft, during the WHOLE flight, my aircraft was having issues with the engines going off ... randomly.
I don't know man, well maybe not randomly but, maybe it could be other players login in in that moment ...
I literally pressed (control+E) to get my engines back up like ..... 13 times or something, :? yeah .. was a long flight you know.

i was thinking that Peter, ( the creator of Joinfs) posted that, this issue was fixed somehow few months ago.
and please correct me if i'm wrong. I think the problem still occurs. I am gonna try some other propeller aircrafts (not carenado ones)
to see if this is still happening, and update this post later on.
When i fly with my PMDG aircrafts i don't have these kind of issues..... could this be that i am still using windows7 and all of my
friends are on windows10 ? Could THIS difference, make these kind of problems ?.. am not a developer, don't really know the answer :geek: ..

Kind regards :) ... Dimitri
I'm not privy to the developmental process at JoinFS, so I'm sort of taking a "wild" guess as to the cause.

It would be most helpful if, when this happens again, you could take a quick look (screenshot) of you cockpit. I would be interested in seeing the position of your engine controls (specifically the mixture), as well as the ignition/magneto switches.

If we can tell the "cause" of your spurious stoppage (i.e. what commands you sim thinks it's receiving), it will give us a starting point in problem determination. Remember; turning off both magnetos will stop a piston engine just as quickly as pulling the mixture to off.

Once we find out what is causing your shutdown, we can look to see if the spurious command is coming over the network, or is possibly being generated by some "button" being pressed in your airplane. In that area, most folks use a common PTT (Push-To-Talk) button on their yoke or stick. Usually, it's something like "Caps Lock", "Shift', or "Cntrl". If you are talking at the same time you do another function, you can have unintended consequences.

Anyway, that's just a suggestion for a place to start looking

Hope this helps

Al :mrgreen:
Mitsos-wu

Re: (P3D4.5) Carenado aircraft engines shutdown.

Post by Mitsos-wu »

Hello again, i just did a flight with my "epic vitory" aircraft tonight.
this is a single engine jet, something like a learjet. Which is a small and fast aircraft... well :cry: guess what, it happened again.
2 people were in that session/server and when they went off, my engines shut down as well. :(
It's not even a carenado, which means that this problem is NOT stricktly related to carenados, right ?
I mean that every small aircraft is facing issues like this.
HERE is a aircraft link: https://www.avsim.com/pages/0510/Lionhe ... ictory.htm

of course i am using shortcuts on my keyboard, how else would i be flying?.. do't have a joytick right now cause i broke it.
I 'm also using control for my teamspeak comunications...and not only that, but i don't think it matters.
the throttle is in the middle of the cockpit and right bellow it, lies the fuel tank selector. (you can see then in the link photos)
I hope this helps. Oh man ... i LOVE joinfs !! I want to help you on this as much as i can, it deserves it, it's the BEST i tried so far ...

Dimitri.