JoinFS 1.0.10 test.

Report problems with JoinFS.
Deano1973

JoinFS 1.0.10 test.

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi Peter,

Last night we had a major test of the latest stable version of JoinFS. A few observations, some of them really excellent and surprising! First, the minor bugs;

Some aircraft were visible on the network but simply couldn't be made to appear as their own models. For instance, I was taxiing with another Typhoon behind me, but no matter what version I selected he wouldn't appear until I selected a different Typhoon model. Then, he appeared as if by magic. Others had a similar issue, although we all got it solved in the end so that we could see everyone.

Still some animations playing up ( tested this time on the default FSX Boeing 747-400 which had been recorded and injected into the network. The flaps for instance do eventually extend, but flicker for some time before they settle down. As I mentioned in another post this never happens with undercarriage, which extends and retracts perfectly.

The good stuff: remarkably, one player was able to inject all of his AI traffic into the session. It all showed up as Cessnas etc of course, but none the less it was an impressive addition. But the real surprise was when one of our members decided to join the session in X-Plane 10. It worked. He could see all of us, although it was late in the night so I didn't have chance to check if he too could be seen by the rest of us.

Hope this helps,
Dean
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS 1.0.10 test.

Post by Peter »

Hi Dean,

First of all, it worked on X-Plane 10? :shock: Now, of course, I could just say, oh yes, I put that in the latest version and simply forgot to mention it. But the truth is I have no idea why that appeared to work. It would be interesting to know what add-ons he has for X-Plane, for example, some sort of SimConnect module. I wonder if anyone else with X-Plane 10 could give it a try. Perhaps it just works?

Anyway, on to the bugs. Is it possible to find a repeatable example of the model bug? For example, if there are two of you in Typhoons and you both join a fresh connection, does it always happen. You could try editing your Model Matching and remove the Typhoon entry to reset it. Which Typhoons are you using?

I'll have another go at the animations for the next version, 1.0.12.

Yeah, you can do some cool stuff injecting AI aircraft into the network session. You can also inject recorded aircraft as well. Version 1.0.11 has an Analyser window so you can scroll instantly through the recording.

Thanks,
Peter
Deano1973

Post by Deano1973 »

Very briefly Peter I just tested v1.0.11 shared cockpit feature and it works a treat - brilliant! :D
Deano1973

Post by Deano1973 »

Some of our instructors at MODsim had the chance to check out the shared-cockpit feature in more depth last night using v1.0.11. It got a huge thumbs up from everybody ( I had a go too ) and it works really well. The chaps did request a "message" across the top of the screen or something to let them know that somebody had joined their cockpit, as per FSX, or perhaps a "ping".

They also asked about the ability to share controls as per FSX shared-cockpit, via the SHIFT-T key press. I suspect that this might be tricky to implement due to the likely coding involved but said I would pass the request on. At present, our instructors have no way of controlling the aircraft should a newbie student lose control.

Fabulous stuff as always Peter! Our org' might be able to give new recruits passenger rides back-seat in fighters to give them an idea of what our organisation does, a new and exciting possibility!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dean,

This sounds very encouraging. Anything that helps the training of new pilots is always a great thing in my opinion.

I should be able to do an in-sim message using SimConnect, I think. I will be looking at dual control soon, (or multi-control as there's no reason why several people couldn't be in charge of different systems).

I think there are some controls and panels details that still need to be sent over the network. I'll add these over the coming versions.

Thanks for the update,
Peter