Helicopters fly sideways on recording playback

Report problems with JoinFS.
joshssky

Helicopters fly sideways on recording playback

Post by joshssky »

Hey guys, title pretty much says it all. seems like helis dont orient themselves correctly when they are played back. I tested this with the default CH-53E that P3d v4.3 has. I would upload the .jfs file for you guys to look at it for yourselves, but I keep getting a file upload error.

BTW, is anything more going to be done with the recording feature? I mean, considering FSRecorder is out of the picture now, it could have huge potential, but tight formations are still quite difficult because of the jitter. The FSX Blue Angels are using JoinFS to review their practices for God sakes haha, but its difficult for them to use it too because Joinfs just doesnt like high speed flying or tight turns, shows the aircraft at wrong angles quite a bit.

Thanks for the nice program though JoinFS team, comes in handy quite a bit.
JackRiordan

Re: Helicopters fly sideways on recording playback

Post by JackRiordan »

I haven't attempted to record any helicopters. Try disabling ATC mode in the settings if you have it enabled. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Peter will be continuing to update JoinFS. He even stopped accepting donations some time ago.

As for the jittering, lock your frames to 35fps or less. Jittering in multiplayer has always been an issue in FSX and P3D when your FPS is above 35. It has something to do with how fast the aircraft position is updated. Here's to hoping Lockheed Martin fixes that in a future version of P3D.