v1.0.8

Report problems with JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

v1.0.8

Post by Peter »

I'll be interested to see if the strange aircraft behaviour from 1.0.7 is still in 1.0.8. It's worth just checking that others in your session are running the same version. Just to eliminate that as being a cause.

At least the network code is looking solid again now.

Thanks,
Peter
DCA1161

Re: v1.0.8

Post by DCA1161 »

Peter, did a small test with two player both running v1.08, same type of airplane. During normal flight together everthing was fine. Then I started a recording and my mate started jumping al over the place. To my mate I showed normal and steady. Stopted the recording and things were back to normal. Playing the recording it showed the jumping around. Apart from that we had fun.
Roy
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

I did an initial test with a couple of aircraft on a server IP that I have - occasional stutter (rare) which may have been due to the other aircraft's settings (frame rate, etc) but otherwise smooth. I watched an FA-18 do a couple of rolls and all was smooth. No one did a loop for me but except for a couple of stutters over a 15 minute time period all went quite well. No problems with my camera view of traffic - could even see an aircraft nearly 5000 NM away flying eastbound across southern California - lots of clouds, mountains, etc. but all was smooth.

Will do a bit more rigorous testing later - but one thing to note is that I did chase a Boeing 737 and all remained smooth and jitter-free even up close (viewed him directly from my cockpit). The couple of stutters I saw was with the traffic camera view so that may have been the cause.

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, guys. Very useful information.

I've temporarily removed 1.0.8 because during my flight tonight with 5 pilots, the bandwidth usage went up dramatically at one point, which I think is a bug in the network routing code. I expect there will be a 1.0.9 soon to fix this. Hopefully we'll have a new stable version then.

Best regards,
Peter