X-Plane Connecting with FSX - Initial Test

Report problems with JoinFS.
Dan-TXHills

X-Plane Connecting with FSX - Initial Test

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Peter:

Some results of initial tests using FSX and X-Plane 11.05 (a 64 bit version)

- JoinFS v1.2.10 does not appear to connect X-Plane aircraft although the user can be seen on the User list
- Appears that JoinFS needs to be run as administrator to get the model matching to work in X-Plane
- From the perspective of the X-Plane user FSX aircraft appeared to float above the ground
- From the perspective of the FSX user X-Plane aircraft appeared to be well above the ground, a thousand feet or more above the same runway where both aircraft were parked. After takeoff the X-Plane aircraft was 10,000 feet or more above their actual altitude. BUT - this seemed to be variable with correct altitudes seemed to be represented but then on landing the plane plummeted into the ground (well below the surface) then the aircraft shoots up into the air and continues to go up in spite of it actually sitting on the ground.
- Connection from the FSX user (and to some extent the X-Plane user) was variable - sometimes the X-Plane aircraft could be seen (albeit floating or at the wrong altitude) After the X-Plane user re-spawned it took several tries of connect / re-connect for the FSX user to see the X-Plane user and a couple of times the X-Plane user could not see the FSX aircraft (although the aircraft was on the Aircraft list the distance - <1 NM was shown as orange, not green).

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-Plane Connecting with FSX - Initial Test

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

thanks for the feedback. I'm going to look at the elevation correction again as I think that may be causing the altitude problems. It can also mess up if the aircraft is a few feet under the ground due to scenery differences. I expect scenery differences to be more pronounced than usual, especially as X-Plane has undulating and realistic ground elevation within the airport.

Can I just check that you added enough AI Aircraft to your X-Plane Flight Configuration? It's the option at the top-right of the setup menu. That might explain the non-injected aircraft close by.

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Re: X-Plane Connecting with FSX - Initial Test

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Peter:

Yes - Confirmed that AI traffic in X-Plane was set to the max.

Dan